Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla solar app with Neurio . Need guidance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New install pre PTO

My Solar app data does not make much sense. ( non powerwall customer )
Is there a guide ? i could not find it. I think my neurio setup may have issues. i am still pre PTO
I need to understand
1) frequency of updates - is the app real time ? mins is defiantly not. more like 10 minutes or more
2) Legends and different charts

I think Neurio data of house consumption and grid data is off and incorrect.

Currently
1) It updates may be once in say 10-15 mins randomly instead of real time. ( House consumption data )
2) Different screens show conflicting data. One screen says energy is being pulled from grid. other says its being exported .
e.g.---> it says solar production is 6.0 kw. If i charge my Tesla at 10 amp, its says energy is being pulled at .8kw from the grid.

Night time reporting of energy consumption goes missing i guess. yet the app shows days daily energy consumption
scratching my head , if it is adding any value

I compared energy flow direction with with Tesla data , and Tesla neurio is completely opposite and does not update for many a minutes ....
They also installed the neurio antena inside the meta cage. Not sure if that is the issue or what is the issue

If you dont have a powerwall, its not instant. I believe its every 15 minutes or something.

Perhaps also review the following thread for someone else who has solar with no powerwall:

I have tesla inverter and that reports directly the solar data unlike in other thread it looks like his solar data is also coming from neurio.
My neurio has only the main grid connection

My solar data seam's to come correctly from inverter and is updated frequently , which makes it meaningful

if neurio data is only updated one in 15 minutes , and not averaged out per at least a minute, it is garbage data, useless
e.g if its cloudy momentarily and then sunny , and neurio assumes its cloud with zero solar production for next 15 minutes ...and house is consuming , instead of producing, that data is useless.

My neurio data is incorrect ( higher than actual ) / or garbage or both or perhaps of a different house

I do not understand the other thread, its two technical and looks like data connection issue. will visit it again

I downloaded the data from the Tesla app.
It looks the data is correct in xls

Two issues seems to be happening

1) The direction of the grid flow in home page is the opposite of the data in the xls in day
fixing the opposite direction . So now at least all my energy charts will make sense and be consistent.
i.e. i am exporting energy when my solar is on and importing when solar is off.
Currently home page flow direction is always importing in day and and energy exporting at night ( need to test more - first day )

2) Neurio : it has 5 minute interval timeseries data
But it looks like many a times , it just keeps repeating the same data or 0 for many intervals.
10 -20 at a time repeats
perhaps all missing data is assumed to be same as last 5 minute data or made 0 sometimes
so data remains same for 1 to 2 hours same at a time.

Question;
Any idea , what is to blame for this neurio missing data or repeating data, and how to fix it

Question : Is there a way to download the data directly on a computer ?
Each time i have to download in phone and share file to computer

Last edited:
I downloaded the data from the Tesla app.
It looks the data is correct in xls

Two issues seems to be happening

1) The direction of the grid flow in home page is the opposite of the data in the xls in day
fixing the opposite direction . So now at least all my energy charts will make sense and be consistent.
i.e. i am exporting energy when my solar is on and importing when solar is off.
Currently home page flow direction is always importing in day and and energy exporting at night ( need to test more - first day )

2) Neurio : it has 5 minute interval timeseries data
But it looks like many a times , it just keeps repeating the same data or 0 for many intervals.
10 -20 at a time repeats
perhaps all missing data is assumed to be same as last 5 minute data or made 0 sometimes
so data remains same for 1 to 2 hours same at a time.

Question;
Any idea , what is to blame for this neurio missing data or repeating data, and how to fix it

Question : Is there a way to download the data directly on a computer ?
Each time i have to download in phone and share file to computer
1) look liek CT plug is opposite installed
2) poor connection is broken between between inverter and neurio.
perhaps due to antenna installed inside of metal cage ?

1) look liek CT plug is opposite installed
2) poor connection is broken between between inverter and neurio.
perhaps due to antenna installed inside of metal cage ?
1) The direction of the current meter can be flipped at the gateway.
2) It may help to get a short section of antenna extension to get the neurio antenna out of the metal enclosure. May help. Your installer should be able to help.

I would do both of those items before worrying too much about the data.

Reactions: jjrandorin
So all my issues above r resolved finally 2 days back
It worked fine for 2 days

Just noticed a new one , which was not there earlier
There is a 7 to 8 minute lag in the streaming data
So data is updating fine - every 5 seconds may be ,but i am just getting a history in point of time say 8 minutes later
I am guessing its a server side issue and in Tesla cloud

The energy chart looks to be working fin , with no delay

Last edited: