Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Solar Florida - Just Ordered

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats!!!

Most inverters can produce more than their rating. From the threads here, some systems can go 1.4 times or higher. That may be good for you since we are over 2 months past peek solar (Solstice back on June 21) for most installations in the Northern Hemisphere.
Thanks, I'm really curious to see how this performs in the winter here. There's usually clear skies and no afternoon storms. Right now production stops at around 11 or 12 and I'm about 90% self powered. I can't export to the grid yet but I hope in the next week or two I can.

Reactions: jboy210
Well after a good start in terms of install, interconnection request. Almost two weeks later (said 3-5 days) the utility company has denied my request for PTO. I could be wrong but they seem rather nit picky. They wanted pictures of all panels on both sides of the house but their site only allowed uploading one image. Denied interconnect point because the image didn't fully show tap points and denied their own meter because it didn't have their sticker on it.

I've asked them to send me a detailed listing of what should be covered in these images as it seems rather unnecessary to me. They just need to get their finger out and approve it.

Well after a good start in terms of install, interconnection request. Almost two weeks later (said 3-5 days) the utility company has denied my request for PTO. I could be wrong but they seem rather nit picky. They wanted pictures of all panels on both sides of the house but their site only allowed uploading one image. Denied interconnect point because the image didn't fully show tap points and denied their own meter because it didn't have their sticker on it.

I've asked them to send me a detailed listing of what should be covered in these images as it seems rather unnecessary to me. They just need to get their finger out and approve it.
Unfortunately, the utilities control what happens on the grid, so you have to play their game. I hope you get PTO soon. Maybe you could create a photo montage and send that in.

Unfortunately, the utilities control what happens on the grid, so you have to play their game. I hope you get PTO soon. Maybe you could create a photo montage and send that in.
They do but they can't just change the rules for what they want mid game or tell me to follow their checklist which has no information on what photos they want. I've asked the for clear definitions or a document that states exactly what they want photos of and what should be captured. I'm waiting on their response.

I've a feeling I'm dealing with someone in their engineering dept that wants to swing their D and I'm in no mood for it today. They got more than what they asked for already. They approved the engineering drawings and the city approved the install.

I'm not happy with my utility company. They did quite a bit of whining at the start of this process about how bad Tesla is with their paperwork. To be fair I expected Tesla to take forever and to my surprise they didn't, fast and efficient and still have excellent communication.

I get home to double check for the missing "sticker", they wanted a dual power source label and what do I fund. There's a tri power source label there because I have a powerwall. They approved the engineering drawings but must have missed the fact there's a powerwall. Turns out they requested a "picture of the meter" which is EXACRLY what they got then denied it because it didn't have the sticker "dual power source" they wanted to see on it. The sticker isn't dual it's tri and it's below the meter and not in the picture because they limit uploads to one single image and have absolutely nothing explaining what they actually want.

Almost a month after install and my utility company is still sitting on my PTO. To Tesla's credit they got them a ton of photos of everything within a few days of my request for more pictures. Once again I've been told 3 - 5 days. I went into this expecting Tesla to be the hold up and it's the utility company. They never did produce a listing, policy document or anything of what pictures they wanted of what. They also failed to answer my request as to how many customers were being delayed by their inability to manage a simple process. If energy wasn't an absolute monopoly here I'd change provider or better still, add more panels and powerwalls and tell them where to shove their meter.