Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Smart to take it slow and easy haha! Unlike me flying over lake Houston at high speed in the evening on day one 😂
Oh yes. I was very cautious. It took me about 15 minutes to learn how to record in 4k. 😆
I made like 3 videos. Then I realized how to change the settings for video and pictures. It is easy to use. But I see how it can get away from you. I wanted to keep it in my line of sight. Even though you can see what it can see on the screen. I’m going to go to one of my neighborhood’s common areas. I need more space to play with it or try it out. 😉 For the Kids. 😆

Reactions: DrewHou
I see 2 vents that need to be repainted. Has nothing to do with the solar install or panels. Just my OCD kicking in. I’ll keep and eye on it. With the paint ready.

B343C5B7-F227-4D1F-95EC-46342D1F6E36.jpegF526FF96-9144-4950-88CB-91EBA918A9B2.jpeg9342D321-28EC-485C-8590-526243B4047E.jpeg15C9A768-A978-4E50-816B-A77F613F8541.jpegF91E22A0-C8CB-4CD2-9620-5EAA05B244B3.jpeg

I have the DJI fly app on my iPhone. I tried to put it on my Pixel 7. I couldn’t find it in the Play Store. I had to side load it from their website. Strange not to see it in the play store. Maybe I overlooked it. This is the main reason I carry a iPhone. It just works. 😆

I see 2 vents that need to be repainted. Has nothing to do with the solar install or panels. Just my OCD kicking in. I’ll keep and eye on it. With the paint ready.
It looks so good! Tesla comes tomorrow to fix my panels and wiring. I actually found on my drone footage from that day the wires that are just laying under the panels on my roof. So that should be corrected tomorrow. My span panel has arrived to the installer and permit is approved so just waiting for installation hopefully next week. Then I have to chill with the house projects for a bit 😂

• Funny
Reactions: Jones1
I took off today because I woke up to finally getting FSD Beta on my S. Told my boss I just couldn’t work today because there was no way I could focus properly and nobody was really working this week anyways. 😂
I Have EAP. I kind of want to pay for the FSD. But then I would have to wait to get in to the Beta. My safety Score is 98-99. How long did you wait to get in For Beta FSD?
Congratulations 🎈

I Have EAP. I kind of want to pay for the FSD. But then I would have to wait to get in to the Beta. My safety Score is 98-99. How long did you wait to get in For Beta FSD?
Congratulations 🎈
It seemed like forever but in reality it wasn’t long compared to some people. Car was delivered in May and requested beta same day haha. Then when they expanded it back a month or two ago I should have got it then but I had updated my car and was past the current beta so had to wait for beta to catch up which finally happened.

The car led me to buy their solar, and I am debating on trading in our 2021 Mercedes GLC for a model 3 so I can be fully electric. Really use up that free night grid power then 😂

It seemed like forever but in reality it wasn’t long compared to some people. Car was delivered in May and requested beta same day haha. Then when they expanded it back a month or two ago I should have got it then but I had updated my car and was past the current beta so had to wait for beta to catch up which finally happened.

The car led me to buy their solar, and I am debating on trading in our 2021 Mercedes GLC for a model 3 so I can be fully electric. Really use up that free night grid power then 😂
I traded in my Clk 350 for the MYP. It was an older car that I only drove. If one of our other vehicles was in the shop. So it rarely moved. About a month after owning the Tesla. I decided to Sell my Ram 1500. There is No Going Back. AutoPilot ruined the truck for me. I’m waiting on my CyberTruck order from 2019. Lol. Ive always wanted Solar. But I waited until the day before my Tesla delivery day to order Solar. I picked up my Tesla in May. Now my wife is wishing she didn’t decide not to get a Model Y. My wife got a Toyota Venza Hybrid last year. She has to get gas every two weeks. Once she realized that I don’t know the Price per gallon only barrel because of my stocks. She will be getting the MYP whenever Elon Delivers my CyberTruck.
I just can’t do a Gas Vehicle ever again. It’s only been 6 months and I’m hooked. 😂

If you have a gas car, sell them as soon as yoi can before its value depreciates further. I have seen many people trade in their BMW, Mercedes, Lexus for Tesla that many car salesmen are getting used to seeing several trades in a day.
And if you have solar and free night plan, it is ridiculous to still go to gas stations.

If you have a gas car, sell them as soon as yoi can before its value depreciates further. I have seen many people trade in their BMW, Mercedes, Lexus for Tesla that many car salesmen are getting used to seeing several trades in a day.
And if you have solar and free night plan, it is ridiculous to still go to gas stations.
Yeah I have run the numbers and next years tax credit I can buy a model 3 and trade in the Benz and save a ton between the credit and free night plan charging two cars.

When I traded my BMW for my Model S earlier this year I was lucky and was able to get basically what I paid for it 3 years ago. I know the market has shifted dramatically since then though but with the credit I think it still makes for a good deal.

Well my fun times continue…

Tesla came out to fix the wiring. They did that but now I am finding out that my powerwalls are on an unreleased firmware which could be causing additional issues. So they are working on correcting that. No one ever got back with me on when or how they plan to repair my roof damage. All this while I am still blocked from putting in any support requests in the app. 3 hours on the phone again today and zero results just more issues that no one can fix being found.

• Informative
I’ve been Chatting with Tesla Energy about Grid Charging.

They are saying. When you choose to use the ITC you won’t be able to Grid Charging. I’m like. Wait Bro. How will anyone Know? Does Tesla give you a document? Stating that you will get a credit? No they don’t. So if I’m doing my Taxes. It’s up to me to claim the ITC. I have two kids. So it won’t benefit me as much as it will benefit the next person. Yes. I know you can use it for up to 20 years. I plan on using a CPA next year or a better Tax company to file. So I can get the most out of this credit in years to come. Next year. It won’t help much.
What I don’t get is after you use the credit. You can’t enable Grid Charging. I never signed a document saying I would use the ITC either. WTF is Tesla talking about?
I may have a lot of typos. I’m riding in my MYP trying to find lunch. 😆

4C5DA287-8C9B-449E-BA7F-D871667B64D9.png

I’ve been Chatting with Tesla Energy about Grid Charging.

They are saying. When you choose to use the ITC you won’t be able to Grid Charging. I’m like. Wait Bro. How will anyone Know? Does Tesla give you a document? Stating that you will get a credit? No they don’t. So if I’m doing my Taxes. It’s up to me to claim the ITC. I have two kids. So it won’t benefit me as much as it will benefit the next person. Yes. I know you can use it for up to 20 years. I plan on using a CPA next year or a better Tax company to file. So I can get the most out of this credit in years to come. Next year. It won’t help much.
What I don’t get is after you use the credit. You can’t enable Grid Charging. I never signed a document saying I would use the ITC either. WTF is Tesla talking about?
I may have a lot of typos. I’m riding in my MYP trying to find lunch. 😆
Give it some time. Given that the new credit is available for batteries without solar, I expect the restriction on grid charging to be relaxed next year. FWIW, my grid charging was enabled automatically when the feature was released, even though I took the ITC. The policy is not as set in concrete as was implied by the rep in your chat. I did have to ask for "export everything" to be turned on, though.

Give it some time. Given that the new credit is available for batteries without solar, I expect the restriction on grid charging to be relaxed next year. FWIW, my grid charging was enabled automatically when the feature was released, even though I took the ITC. The policy is not as set in concrete as was implied by the rep in your chat. I did have to ask for "export everything" to be turned on, though.
I’m going to keep trying. Thank you. It sounded like BS.

Last edited:
I just crossed 51kwh’s produce today. 😃

I have the grid charging option in my app. On top of that when it was installed the install team delivered it to me with grid charging turned on by default and charged both powerwalls to 100% on the grid before they were even done with the install. So if the statement above is correct then Tesla would have gave me a tax credit ineligible system.

I’m not going to worry about it. I still am claiming the credit which in my case is significant since I always owe substantial taxes at the end of the year.

Yeah. Bro. I think it’s Bullshit. I’m going to keep asking them till they turn it on. 😢

I want the credit. But last year I got back a return. Small but I didn’t pay. But later it will be more beneficial as the kids get out of the house and I can’t claim them. 😆