Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When trying to get the most out of your free nights or charging at work for free. Are some of you charging to 100%? Or 90%? I’ve only charged to 100% a few times. While charging at work. I mainly charge to 90. I feared I would degrade my battery faster.
Just asking.

@100% I would be at or around 91% when I get home. So it’s not really sitting at 100% for long.
So i typically charge to 50% and occasionally maybe 70% but never above 70 unless I know I’m leaving out of town. When I do go into work in Austin I use the free chargers but still have to hit a supercharger after that because it’s not enough juice in 8 hours 😂

When I first got my car though I was charging to 90% religiously but I think that’s because I didn’t trust the car even with 400 miles of range and typical driving is less than 40 a day haha. Now I even let the car chill at 30% on occasion without worry.

Reactions: Jones1
That's awesome summer production! I get 90kWh or so, on the best summer days. I have been obsessing over areas on my roof to squeeze in new panels to get that up. My summer household consumption is an eye watering 250kWh/d, so I have a ways to go to cover that. Thank goodness for free nights! :D
I basically put panels on my entire roof I could fit them and had some sun. 90 panels, I have a lot of roof. 185kwh was the best single day, but as the graph show, getting 5 mwh in a month is sick, and cost me a lot of money. Without my funny situation, no way would I ever had gotten this much solar approved. I over produce SO much it is nuts! BUT, is it SO nice heating and cooling the house all year long to crazy levels, and still have a zero yearly energy bill.

solar data.jpg

Interesting to see everyone’s production.

9.2kw system with 2 PW
I have 7 panels facing south
10 panels facing north
3 panels east
3 panels west

Seeing on a perfect sunny day lately about 26-28 kWh a day. Which I think with the placement and a high pitch 40 degree roof means winter will always be relatively low for me. Two streets over a house with the same floor plan has about half of my panels and told me they are making nearly nothing in winter but summer changes dramatically.

Hoping the same holds true for me. This is enough for winter for me especially with free nights but once the AC comes back on it will be interesting to see how I can balance things.

Reactions: Jones1 and h2ofun
I basically put panels on my entire roof I could fit them and had some sun. 90 panels, I have a lot of roof. 185kwh was the best single day, but as the graph show, getting 5 mwh in a month is sick, and cost me a lot of money. Without my funny situation, no way would I ever had gotten this much solar approved. I over produce SO much it is nuts! BUT, is it SO nice heating and cooling the house all year long to crazy levels, and still have a zero yearly energy bill.

View attachment 880156
WOW! You made more in June + July than Tesla quoted me for a full year of production with my system. This just made me feel so inadequate… 😂 although with that much surplus going into the grid ERCOT should send you a thank you gift during the next ice storm.

WOW! You made more in June + July than Tesla quoted me for a full year of production with my system. This just made me feel so inadequate… 😂 although with that much surplus going into the grid ERCOT should send you a thank you gift during the next ice storm.
I am with PGE in Calif. I had a 5300 buck credit at true up in July. They gave me 700 back. No value in over producing! But if I ever get an ev or more, I have charging locations wired and ready to go.

Reactions: DrewHou

View attachment 880156
F n Amazing. Wow.

When trying to get the most out of your free nights or charging at work for free. Are some of you charging to 100%? Or 90%? I’ve only charged to 100% a few times. While charging at work. I mainly charge to 90. I feared I would degrade my battery faster.
Just asking.

@100% I would be at or around 91% when I get home. So it’s not really sitting at 100% for long.

The normal 90%

Reactions: Jones1
wow! I am guessing you are not using LED lights? I have a 18 foot tree in my living room and using 90 watts including the 4 lamps being on too. All of my Christmas lights outside plus 4 trees inside is less than 300 watts.

That’s a lot of power for Christmas lights my 85 inch 8k tv runs about 300 watts.
My wife purchased the Christmas tree lights a few years ago. They are not LED. She maid me turn the tree back on. 😂 next year. They will be led. 😂

• Funny
Reactions: DrewHou