Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at my current statement and current usage. I believe on average. I might be buying 500kwh’s a month. At an average of .09 per kWh. Looking at what my average sell back payment will be. Unless there is a grid event. Which there definitely will be a lot. Because of FuCOT. I’m thinking my bill will average out to $50 or less per month for the year. Hopefully less. So I think I’m looking at $600 or less per year. I hope less. Lol

Looking at my current statement and current usage. I believe on average. I might be buying 500kwh’s a month. At an average of .09 per kWh. Looking at what my average sell back payment will be. Unless there is a grid event. Which there definitely will be a lot. Because of FuCOT. I’m thinking my bill will average out to $50 or less per month for the year. Hopefully less. So I think I’m looking at $600 or less per year. I hope less. Lol
Well you’ll have to keep us posted. I’m interested to see if the grid events get you enough revenue to actually come out making money ;)

Reactions: Jones1
Sunday looks like it will be Great.

1674184797411.png

I’m just going to leave Charge HQ on. See how it does for a week. I had charging set to 7:15pm for daily. Non peak hour charging. With Charge HQ you set a Do Not Charge at this time window. If I do need to charge. I can just select to charge. I just wish the app had a Dark mode. I love how you can see your Solar Production and charge. On the same screen. I just don’t understand why Tesla hasn’t incorporated this feature in the Tesla App.

Well, managed to set up the Powerwall Dashboard in an Ubuntu VM! Everything was working but now the PW/Gateway decided it does not want to connect to the home WiFi. Going into its settings to scan for networks shows nothing. Going to try and reboot the PW but maybe long-term really should run Cat5 to it as its WiFi connection is unreliable. Kinda nice to see the PW Dashboard on the PC but definitely want it to run off a Raspberry Pi and iPad so that I can mount that downstairs. Hopefully, when I set up the Raspberry Pi, I can connect directly to the TEG network and not have to worry about it not finding my home network.

Reactions: Jones1 and DrewHou
Well, managed to set up the Powerwall Dashboard in an Ubuntu VM! Everything was working but now the PW/Gateway decided it does not want to connect to the home WiFi. Going into its settings to scan for networks shows nothing. Going to try and reboot the PW but maybe long-term really should run Cat5 to it as its WiFi connection is unreliable. Kinda nice to see the PW Dashboard on the PC but definitely want it to run off a Raspberry Pi and iPad so that I can mount that downstairs. Hopefully, when I set up the Raspberry Pi, I can connect directly to the TEG network and not have to worry about it not finding my home network.
Do you have the PW on 5ghz Wi-Fi or 2.4? Mine wasn’t reliable until I put it on a 2.4 Wi-Fi network and it’s been rock solid since.

Not about solar but about Houston…

This is just your friendly reminder to be safe out there. I was hit by someone weaving through traffic on 59 today. Just came over into my lane once the officer was there he asked to see my video footage which showed I was not at fault. Stay safe everyone!

View attachment 898222View attachment 898223
Oh no! Hope you're all right! That's a pretty big hit, freaking Houston people just get worse and worse at driving. I was rear-ended in December because traffic came to a stop and the lady behind me (who was extremely far away) was trying to switch lanes instead of slowing down. Tesla video footage also proved she was at fault, kinda love that about the car.

Reactions: Jones1 and DrewHou
Let's hope so because Friday and Saturday have been terrible! Barely got 5 kWh yesterday. If my PW didn't charge from Grid overnight I'd be on Peak Rates now! lol
Yes. I’m doing the same right now. I only produced 6kwh so far. I was trickle charging my Tesla this morning. I stopped charging it and started charging the PW.

Reactions: DrewHou
Oh no! Hope you're all right! That's a pretty big hit, freaking Houston people just get worse and worse at driving. I was rear-ended in December because traffic came to a stop and the lady behind me (who was extremely far away) was trying to switch lanes instead of slowing down. Tesla video footage also proved she was at fault, kinda love that about the car.
I’m safe and sound thanks to this amazing car. Kept me safe even though I estimate the truck that hit me had to be going 80+ at the time. The cameras truly should be standard on every car on the road.

Not about solar but about Houston…

This is just your friendly reminder to be safe out there. I was hit by someone weaving through traffic on 59 today. Just came over into my lane once the officer was there he asked to see my video footage which showed I was not at fault. Stay safe everyone!

View attachment 898222View attachment 898223
Sorry to see and hear. That’s the only thing I’m worried about. Other drivers. I’m mostly on EAP so I know I’m driving safe. But the other person. You can’t avoid them sometimes. Hopefully you get it fixed quickly.

Reactions: DrewHou
I had a coworker ask me. A few years ago. “How much Energy can you get from the sun?”After I finished laughing with my other coworker. I explained to him. How I use to be Solar dumb. In my early 20’s. When I purchased my first house. I could have gotten Solar installed before I purchased. I was more concerned about Hurricanes and bad weather. Not how much energy I could get from the sun. I paid attention in school. Lol.
I’m going to send him this picture. I can run my house. Charge my backup storage. All while charging my Tesla.

1674404326641.jpeg

Reactions: wiltoking