Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True, but we're assuming Tesla even tells CEP that Installation is complete. My experience in getting Utility Approval pre-installation tells me otherwise. Will start making calls if nothing happens in 3-4 weeks.
Start making calls Yesterday. My friend.
This is one number. I have more. I just busy now. Don’t wait for your birthday. Have the Cake today. 😆

1675795828942.png

Reactions: wiltoking
Hopefully today with the Super Bowl festivities. I’ll make some coin. I’m also hoping to top up the MYP to 90-95% for Monday.

Tesla Electric Update.
My first bill was Paid $12. It still show’s pending. Don’t know what that is about. I’m set up for auto pay. I had to make the payment. Auto pay didn’t take the payment. But like I said. It is still pending. I guess it’s bugs in the Tesla Electric software. I have a coworker that signed up on the same day as I did. The same minute. We were in the same office. He still hasn’t received a statement or bill yet. I will keep posting my experience. I will keep a the Tesla Electric plan for at least 12 months. I understand the product and system is new. So it might be higher than a free nights or Free weekend plan.
I noticed last week that the app had confused my Peak impact with my off peak impact. I emailed Tesla Electric. They said they will look into it. I can’t be the only person seeing this. I think it is related to the Tesla Electric plan. I can’t confirm. I will try to call them next week.

Side note.
Thank god I bought the Dip. In Tesla Stock. Tesla is the New Tesla. 🤑

Tesla Electric just sent me an email. They said the Time of use data for my peak and off peak is a software error. That I shouldn’t be getting charged during Peak time. When I’m only using Solar and PW as the source.

So glad to see some experiences on Tesla Electric here. I have a question, does Tesla Electric take the excess solar generation as credit? I lived in NT with Rhythm and during the summer months, the excess sell back to Rhythm usually covers everything and I have $bills for months. During winter times or cloudy months, then I usually have to pay 30+ or more. In the summer, I set the reserve to 25% SOC and that usually gets to 40% in the morning, winter times usually drop to 60-70% SOC on shiny days. My plan is about to expire in May but I am not sure whether switching will save me any money ...

So glad to see some experiences on Tesla Electric here. I have a question, does Tesla Electric take the excess solar generation as credit? I lived in NT with Rhythm and during the summer months, the excess sell back to Rhythm usually covers everything and I have $bills for months. During winter times or cloudy months, then I usually have to pay 30+ or more. In the summer, I set the reserve to 25% SOC and that usually gets to 40% in the morning, winter times usually drop to 60-70% SOC on shiny days. My plan is about to expire in May but I am not sure whether switching will save me any money ...
Not from a metering perspective which might be what you are referring to. You get paid a netback on whatever spot rate was in effect at the time you exported to the grid. Basically the plan markets your generation and storage into the wholesale market and your bill is credited with the results.

Reactions: Jones1
Not from a metering perspective which might be what you are referring to. You get paid a netback on whatever spot rate was in effect at the time you exported to the grid. Basically the plan markets your generation and storage into the wholesale market and your bill is credited with the results.
Tesla says you can cash out on your Net metering credit. Or roll it over year to year. You can also cancel anytime. I can see that they are still working the bugs out.

Reactions: cbdream99
So far I’ve only gotten a bill for $12. It was for a week in December. I’m guessing my bill for winter months might be $50 if I go by that bill. Not sure yet. Will keep everyone posted. The average buy back rate looks like .04 per kWh.
It spike anywhere from that to $3 per kWh. But not something that happens a lot. I’ve only seen it a few times.

Reactions: cbdream99
Ok. Tesla Electric Update
I had an issue. That was resolved. The issue was with my Peak and off peak. Tesla had it screwed up in the impact section of the app.

But now……
My charging stats in the Tesla app are totally wrong and I can’t make an edit to it. So I sent another email. Informing and asking for help. I don’t know if their is to do with Tesla Electric Plan directly. But I Assume. 😆

Thanks for the info @Jones1 @GWord, today Rhythm buybacks are at 1 to 1 rate with unlimited rollover credit, but I noticed most providers stop providing solar buyback plans anymore, even free-nighters are gone in my TNMP area, will be interesting to see what else is available in a few months. Are you able to get any questions answered in a reasonable fashion from customer service? At far as I know, I can switch to another provider at any time without any penalty.

Reactions: Jones1
Thanks for the info @Jones1 @GWord, today Rhythm buybacks are at 1 to 1 rate with unlimited rollover credit, but I noticed most providers stop providing solar buyback plans anymore, even free-nighters are gone in my TNMP area, will be interesting to see what else is available in a few months. Are you able to get any questions answered in a reasonable fashion from customer service? At far as I know, I can switch to another provider at any time without any penalty.
Yes. You are correct. The closet I could find was Shell MP2. But they didn’t rollover. They went 1/1 but you still had to pay the Centerpoint or TDU fee. So it was .11 to sell. .15 to buy.
I’m at work. So I’ve kept it short.

Welcome. It’s great to have more input from other people.

I have more to say though…..

So Tesla Electric just fixed my Charge Stats in the app. I sent an email. Made a phone call. That was never answered. I was on hold for 15 minutes. They close at 4pm central.

I signed out of the app. Signed back into the app. Still was jacked up. Then about 5 minutes later. It was fixed. Now I won’t go crazy. Looking at the wrong data. 😆

Also.
Buy The Dip. This isn’t financial advise. But it works. 😂

Ok. Good morning

I spoke with Tesla Energy. The problem I have been having. With my Peak and Off peak showing incorrect. Is the Tesla Electric plan software. So if you see your peak and off peak change. It’s the Time of Use. With the Tesla Electric Plan.

Me:
1676742833256.jpeg

I took advice from a couple people on this thread. I have purchased Electric Fans and Heater. Dreo that are WiFi controlled. I will purchase 3 more heaters when summer comes around. Hoping to get them on sale by then.
My last two gas/heat bills were around or Over $100. I know we are cooking at home more. Due to the higher cost to eat out. My stove is gas. So that will make the bill go up. Something had to be done. I plan to run the Space Heaters during the day. Even when I’m not at home. To keep the house warmer. When we arrive at home. Running on the Sun and PW.

FBEBAA14-4BF1-4CF7-822D-9356465C32B7.jpeg
A2FCA87A-1739-4712-87FA-F1B973BAFE3F.jpeg