Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey @DrewHou I saw the release of the new Hubitat C8 now on special for $150. About the pull the trigger just to see if Hubitat will give me those PW automations we spoke about. Will leave my ST in place as well until I can get the Hubitat to work with Tesla before I start trying to migrate my old zwave and zigbee stuff over.

I saw about to pull the trigger because i'm doing a last minute research here to see if Hubitat users are still able to control their PWs before I plunge.
Nice let me know how this goes. I keep trying to figure what’s the best way to integrate my solar or really my Tesla stuff in general into my SmartHome life. So I’d be interesting to hear your findings if you decided to go with the hubitat.

Nice let me know how this goes. I keep trying to figure what’s the best way to integrate my solar or really my Tesla stuff in general into my SmartHome life. So I’d be interesting to hear your findings if you decided to go with the hubitat.

I pulled the trigger and yes it works! Started the thread below so I don't hijack this one. Huge win for anyone on a truly free nights plan to be able to automate battery top-off.

Reactions: DrewHou
I pulled the trigger and yes it works! Started the thread below so I don't hijack this one. Huge win for anyone on a truly free nights plan to be able to automate battery top-off.

My PW charges nightly to 100% with grid charging on free nights. What would this Hubitat do?

My PW charges nightly to 100% with grid charging on free nights. What would this Hubitat do?

Hubitat now integrated with my PWs allows me to:
- Watch and take action based on PW battery capacity. I start powering down devices as my battery hits certain thresholds. At 50% I start powering down lights. 30%, I turn off the AC. It does not allow the pool to run when I'm using the grid. Fancy voice notification in the house. Just overall better control of devices around my house.

I also add the Tesla car integration to it so now I get reminders that I forgot to plug my car in. I get a notice that the car made it safely to school. I can set AC functions to warm up the car automatically on cold days based on outside weather. etc. These are just the things I did over the past several days.

I'm sure there are countless use cases.

• Helpful
Got some hail yesterday so I guess I get to see how well solar stands up to it... This is after it melted a bit and the stuff falling got small enough for me to trust a cookie sheet head shield.
20230405_230349306_iOS.jpg

Got some hail yesterday so I guess I get to see how well solar stands up to it... This is after it melted a bit and the stuff falling got small enough for me to trust a cookie sheet head shield.
View attachment 925608
Wow. I have a Coworker that lives in Rosenberg. He told me he had Hail too. I need to see how his panels held up.

View attachment 925608
This is one of biggest concerns. How hail could impact the solar panels and let’s say the panels themselves are safe what about the extra expense if the shingles get damaged from hail and then to fix the roof all the solar has to be removed and replaced. Seems like a costly costly repair. Hopefully everyone’s panels are undamaged though along with the roofs.

Reactions: DTXMME
got some hail in cypress as well. Panels look ok. Hail size was less than 1” dia. Good to see active discussion about controlling Tesla API for powerwall management. I have 2 systems, will this hubitat support it? Some screen shots would be great. MY still with Tesla now officially more than 3 months for a simple rear diffuser bumper replacement.

Reactions: Jones1
Hope the roof is ok, what will happen if the roof needs to be replaced? Does it mean all the panels have to come out, replace the roof, and re-install the panels?
Roof has significant damage. I know a guy with a roofing company and they handle insurance and what have you. He's going to handle the claim process, then pull the panels, re-roof, and put panels back up.

Roof has significant damage. I know a guy with a roofing company and they handle insurance and what have you. He's going to handle the claim process, then pull the panels, re-roof, and put panels back up.
Was the areas around the panels damaged? Was any area that was covered by a panel damaged? I was thinking that the panels would absorb the damage. Since they are covering the roof. Just asking. Thanks

Was the areas around the panels damaged? Was any area that was covered by a panel damaged? I was thinking that the panels would absorb the damage. Since they are covering the roof. Just asking. Thanks
Yeah, it is shingles not covered by panels that got damaged. Stuff under the panels never got touched but my understanding is that if more than a certain percentage needs fixing insurance does the whole roof as it is better for them to prevent future leak claims.

The panels themselves still give full production. There are spots all over them that are clean from hail hits but I did not see any damage. I did have them added to my insurance so they would be covered if there was any damage. From what I have seen, hail that would damage would have to be large enough to total any cars on the street.

At least now if anyone is like "solar is stupid, first hail storm will destroy them" I can let them know that any hail that destroys modern solar would have totaled the roof anyway.

Has anyone received their referral award?

I referred myself in app. Originally Tesla told me that it would be sent 30-60 days after PTO. That passed and was then sent an email response stating that was wrong and that it was actually supposed to be 90-120 days after PTO. So now it’s been 128 days since I had PTO and I reached out again and now they have changed it again and said that I must wait at least one year after PTO to receive award. Nothing about this seems correct.
I received my referral check this week, it was issued on 4/3.