Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got notice from Tesla that they received approved permits, I’m assuming from the city. Guess next step is to schedule the install? We’ll see :)
When did your application for permit was submitted to Centerpoint? I signed the application on June 2 and still waiting for CenterPoint to approve the installation.
I however got a site visit on June 22 so I don't know when we got to dryin yet.

I am sorry. It was a mistake. My site visit is july 22. Dry in is scheduled for july 27th but i got no email confirmation for the dryin yet. Just a link they sent me to pick a date.
What is the Dry in process? Is this for a solar roof? I’m unfamiliar with this. Is it before you get the panels installed on the roof as in a covering? Thanks. I’m a noob to this process.

I am exploring the tesla solar options. I live in Dallas,TX. I am debating whether I should include powerwall or not. Initial web site recommendation is to go with 14.40 KW with 1 powerwall battery (1.5 days home backup). I am thinking of going with 16.8 KW with no powerwall. Our service provider has net metering. Hopefully surplus solar generation should offset the night usage. Anything I am loosing out on not choosing the powerwall ?

I am exploring the tesla solar options. I live in Dallas,TX. I am debating whether I should include powerwall or not. Initial web site recommendation is to go with 14.40 KW with 1 powerwall battery (1.5 days home backup). I am thinking of going with 16.8 KW with no powerwall. Our service provider has net metering. Hopefully surplus solar generation should offset the night usage. Anything I am loosing out on not choosing the powerwall ?
Get one powerwall. Without the powerwall. If your electricity goes down. You will have backup and you can use your solar during the day. Without a powerwall you will not be able to use your solar during the day. If your electricty goes out. I would love to get multiple powerwall's. I'm only getting one. To keep my monthly note down.

Reactions: wiltoking
Congrats. Did you get an email from centerpoint about the approval?
When did you sign the interconnection application with centerpoint?
Only a Text message from Tesla. No emails and I haven’t had to sign anything new. So I’m a little confused on the delay of scheduling install if I’m all good to go. As they told me. Idk

Only a Text message from Tesla. No emails and I haven’t had to sign anything new. So I’m a little confused on the delay of scheduling install if I’m all good to go. As they told me. Idk
I see you are outside of Houston area so I guess the wait for Centerpoint approval is not that long. I heard stories of months waiting since there are lots of solar applications and few people at Centerpoint to go through the queue.
Anyway, congratulations and I look forward to hearing your system getting installed soon.

Reactions: Jones1
I see you are outside of Houston area so I guess the wait for Centerpoint approval is not that long. I heard stories of months waiting since there are lots of solar applications and few people at Centerpoint to go through the queue.
Anyway, congratulations and I look forward to hearing your system getting installed soon.
I hope so. I don’t know. I’m waiting to schedule. When an available time comes up. They say. Idk. I’m good to go. They say. I’m going to call them next week. Monday or Tuesday. I will like to hear the details. Or the reason for waiting to schedule. Maybe they don’t have the equipment to install.

Centerpoint is not the reason I've waited for 9 months. It's the equipment and install crew in houston area.
Ok. So one of the other solar companies that I got an estimate from. Stayed in contact with me. They told me that Tesla customers have been complaining about Tesla pushing back there install. Because Tesla doesn’t have the enough equipment to install. I know they are trying to get my business and there are shortages everywhere. I will wait on Tesla obviously. Tesla still had a WAY lower price.

Get one powerwall. Without the powerwall. If your electricity goes down. You will have backup and you can use your solar during the day. Without a powerwall you will not be able to use your solar during the day. If your electricty goes out. I would love to get multiple powerwall's. I'm only getting one. To keep my monthly note down.
Thanks for your reply. I will place the order with one powerwall with 14.8 KW

I did some research and for my area. Currently MP2 or Shell energy has the best rates for buy back and rollover.
Take a look at the Green Mountain free nights plan - there is no cost for grid use from 8pm to 6am. Excess solar is bought back at $0, but Tesla’s time based control does a great job in minimizing our daytime grid draw. I modeled MP2 and it would cost more on a net metering plan. Our electric bills have been $5-6 per month and we have a net pull in the summer.

there is another thread on here about the free nights plans avail in TX…

Take a look at the Green Mountain free nights plan - there is no cost for grid use from 8pm to 6am. Excess solar is bought back at $0, but Tesla’s time based control does a great job in minimizing our daytime grid draw. I modeled MP2 and it would cost more on a net metering plan. Our electric bills have been $5-6 per month and we have a net pull in the summer.

there is another thread on here about the free nights plans avail in TX…
I took a look at Green Mountain. After I made my panic buy. Signing with MP2. I saw the rates. I believe they were 25.9 cents. I didn’t see a plan in my zip code. That was free nights. I will look again Thank you.