Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I emailed Center point. Thank you. They replied back to me. Last week. Tesla is giving me an accurate account and time line. Centerpoint told me it is a back log of 8-15 weeks. After application is submitted to them. I’m past 8 weeks. So I’m thinking late November. Maybe a December install now. 😢

Reactions: EL0NTRK
Just finished talking with Tesla. I brought up the fact that Centerpoint had approved for install but had not updated in my account yet. They claimed that typically after the Centerpoint email comes through it can take another 10-12 business days to process on my account. I kept pushing back about how to get it updated faster and the rep finally gave in and updated my account. So now I am just waiting for the install date to be scheduled. Now I am getting excited!

Reactions: Jones1
Just finished talking with Tesla. I brought up the fact that Centerpoint had approved for install but had not updated in my account yet. They claimed that typically after the Centerpoint email comes through it can take another 10-12 business days to process on my account. I kept pushing back about how to get it updated faster and the rep finally gave in and updated my account. So now I am just waiting for the install date to be scheduled. Now I am getting excited!
Congratulations 🎊🎉🍾

Reactions: DrewHou

They've told me the same thing, that it takes a few days, guess its time to get pushier!

Reactions: EL0NTRK and Jones1
My design is approved after emailing Centerpoint and my Tesla account is showing "Installation: Ready". I had a call with my advisor yesterday and he told me the scheduling team will schedule the installation date for me, he does not have the visibility into the date, is this true?
Yes, advisor doesn't schedule. There is a different group that communicate with the installation team on the ground who will call you to inform the date.
Good luck. Looks like things are moving.

Reactions: Jones1
My design is approved after emailing Centerpoint and my Tesla account is showing "Installation: Ready". I had a call with my advisor yesterday and he told me the scheduling team will schedule the installation date for me, he does not have the visibility into the date, is this true?
I will say that after I spoke with the customer service chat rep and pushed for installation I received a install date on my account within a hour maybe two… maybe reach out to chat and push for a date?

I was pretty pushy with them once I knew I had all the approvals.

I will say that after I spoke with the customer service chat rep and pushed for installation I received a install date on my account within a hour maybe two… maybe reach out to chat and push for a date?

I was pretty pushy with them once I knew I had all the approvals.
I tried yesterday, but the customer service chat rep told me I will be contacted once they have the date and there is nothing he can provide me. He also mention there are people ahead of my project...How did you push the chat rep for giving the date?

I tried yesterday, but the customer service chat rep told me I will be contacted once they have the date and there is nothing he can provide me. He also mention there are people ahead of my project...How did you push the chat rep for giving the date?
After chatted with the rep again, I finally got my installation date. I guess the trick is to end the chat and find another rep who is welling to help you.

After chatted with the rep again, I finally got my installation date. I guess the trick is to end the chat and find another rep who is welling to help you.
That is exactly the trick. I talked to a couple reps to get my approval and install date pushed through. Seems like some reps like to copy and paste and not really look into things and others are willing to actually help.

I just received an email from centerpoint.
I was CC. The email was to Tesla Solar.

Dear Installer,

This application has been reviewed and moved forward to interconnect the installed solar/DG system to parallel with the electric utility grid.

Reactions: wiltoking