Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Solar inverter data

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would like to see the data from the Tesla inverter by its self.
I believe Tesla views inverter connections as a setup-only thing since I have only been able to connect to Tesla's inverter after it has been powered-up (the wifi endpoint seems to stay active for around 15 minutes). If you want to cycle your inverter, here's how to connect:

Once connected, you only see point-in-time string stats - no historical information.
This was disappointing to me since the historical information from my previous Delta inverter was very useful when debugging problems.

Yes, I’ve done that. But the inverter is up loading to Tesla, or there is no reason for wifi. One might think it is connected to the teg in the same way neurio is, but I don’t believe so. For solar only customers that is how I believe the data is derived.

I have not seen any reports of someone being able to query the solar inverter for production data beyond the startup period. I also have a similar setup, Powerwalls and multiple existing PV system including one with Tesla Solar Inverter. I couldn't get Tesla to provide me separate production data for the PV system with the inverter. It appears that the system is calling home and sending data (based on the network traffic that I see) so I believe the data is there but Tesla currently doesn't make it available.

I ended up adding my own monitoring on it so I can see the production separately from the total of all the PV systems. My older Solar City system is available a separate product in my app and it is also part of the total PV that I get from Powerwall. I had my own monitor for my previous system as well. I could have done arithmetic to compute the production of the new Tesla Solar inverter system but I chose to add another monitor for it (IoTaWatt).

Recently Tesla added a "revenue grade" Neurio for the system with the Tesla Solar inverter to correctly calculate the renewable energy credits. So there are now a minimum of 4 things monitoring the output of that PV system, the inverter itself, the Powerwall, my IoTaWatt, and the revenue grade Neurio.

I got PW, just want data from inverter…

Just check out the link I sent -- it includes everything and anything you want/need to know about the PW and inverter.

1672183294283.png

1672183322403.png

Last edited:
I wonder if I can use the different CT inputs on the gateway, can I put the enphase system on CT1 and the Tesla on CT3 and then be able to see the solar as two graphs?
can i buy the tesla CT's somewhere and extension cable???
I don't think the Tesla app will segregate different solar systems even if they are monitored on different CTs. If you want to monitor the systems individually you will have to go to a third party monitoring system.

And yes I know of no way to pull data from the Tesla inverter. It's disappointing as I would like to have some string level monitoring. Even if I reset the inverter it takes my system about 15 minutes to find the MPP on my strings so I don't even really get a good snapshot on how things are working.