Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Solar istallation in Orlando Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

As we all know Tesla slashed their prices on their new solar installs. Has anyone used them for solar install in the Orlando or Central Florida area? I was looking at getting the medium system 8.1x as it should suffice for my home. Does the price include all the permit fees and taxes? Does anyone know what kind of inverter they use? Have you had any issues with their install?

Sorry about all the questions. Excited about the potential to finally get the system installed but want to ensure that Tesla stands by their warranty, etc and their online reviews have kept me from signing up.

I just had my 15.12kW system installed in the Orlando area. The price did include all the permit fees and everything. In my case they used solar edge inverters with power optimizers, but I believe that they do use other inverters sometimes. I had no issues with my install, the crew was amazing, they worked hard and really took time to do things right. There are a lot more details about my install on my thread here:

New Tesla 15.12kW Solar / 4 Powerwall order in Orlando

• Informative
Reactions: h2oAok
I had a 19.845Kw system installed just west of Orlando this past winter. the team was great, have not had any major issues with the install. I also 2 SolarEdge inverters with the power optimizers.

I will admit, you have to stay on Tesla and your Utility to make sure all the interconect agreements are done properly and push Tesla on scheduling inspections. So a little project management will help you get up and running faster. Lucky for us in FL, Tesla doesn't have to be present for the county inspections.

• Informative
Reactions: h2oAok