TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Solar now available with Loan option instead of Purchase

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by mjptech, Apr 1, 2020.

1. mjptech

mjptech Being cyberbullied by TMC users PhilDavid + DCEV

Tesla updated their site again, and now you can do a loan (at 5.99% - OUCH) with any of the sizes, including adding a Powerwall (or however many they require at each level) to the loan..

Eeep, 5.99%, though, that's a bit much... About to refinance the house at 2.875 (too high M2V for 2.75).. Bought the wife a car last year at 0% (well, I decided to get the 2.99% offer with $2k cash back, and then paid it off - probably upset somebody in finance)...

• Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  2. jjrandorin

jjrandorin Another BMW convert

I am thinking about re financing as well. Is that 2.85 / 2.75 with no points and no fees, and if so, with what lender so I can possibly take a look. Thanks

3. mjptech

mjptech Being cyberbullied by TMC users PhilDavid + DCEV

No points or fees... Owning.com, since you're in California, give them a look. I've been browsing various lenders the past few months, and they've always come back lower... In fact, I started at 2.99 a few days ago and with the reduction yesterday, dropped me to 2.875 when I called in to see if they would, even after I signed the rate lock.

• Informative x 1