Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Solar Panel - Install Day Question - Powerwall 2 and 2+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,

Tesla energy is here installing three powerwalls and solar panels today. My design had three powerwalls. Today when they arrived, they seem to have 1- Powerwall 2+ and 2- Powerwall 2’s. Is this of any concern or should I raise the issue or let it go?

Hello All,

Tesla energy is here installing three powerwalls and solar panels today. My design had three powerwalls. Today when they arrived, they seem to have 1- Powerwall 2+ and 2- Powerwall 2’s. Is this of any concern or should I raise the issue or let it go?

I dont see any particular issue. The powerwall 2+ is really just a powerwall 2 with a separate inverter on it.

How large is your solar array? I am getting an 18.8 kW system and four Powerwalls later this year, which requires two Powerwall 2+ and two Powerwall 2. ARe they stacking them or spreading them all out? I'm still waiting on a site survey to determine my precise configuration but I would prefer two stacks given my available garage space.

I had a 5 kw and added a 6kw with three powerwalls. That is the max allowed at 110% by the local utility (SMUD) & based on annual bill, total of 28 panels. Day 1 installs are done and they spread the powerwalls out. I have a three car tandem so they spread them across the walls. They will be back tomorrow for some configure the powerwalls. Assuming city inspection and PTO are next.

How large is your solar array? I am getting an 18.8 kW system and four Powerwalls later this year, which requires two Powerwall 2+ and two Powerwall 2. ARe they stacking them or spreading them all out? I'm still waiting on a site survey to determine my precise configuration but I would prefer two stacks given my available garage space.

I've got four Powerwalls. They put the Powerwall+ on the wall and stacked the Powerwall 2 in front of each one. But it may depend on your install location and local regulations.