TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Solar Panels Inconsistent Color

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by who177e, Nov 7, 2018.

1. who177e

who177e Member

I just had (18) Tesla / Solar City / Panasonic / Sanyo 320 watt all black panels installed.

I noticed that in the sun that I see that some of the cells are a little more blue than the other cells. Is this normal and is this just a cosmetic thing that won't affect the production or efficiency of these panels? You can only really see the color difference it in direct sunlight.

IMG_1276.jpg IMG_1307.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 8.17.04 AM.png
    IMG_1272.jpg

2. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

Its purely cosmetic, not going to noticeably effect production. Still, you pay a premium for Tesla panels and I wouldn't tolerate those. You should ask Tesla to replace them.

3. richrootes

richrootes Member

They look fine to me - enjoy!

4. zanary

zanary Member

I had 10 Tesla 325 watt Panasonic/Tesla panels installed back in September, and they were white bordered to help reduce the temperature with the intense heat we get here in California. I'm what the difference is between these Tesla panels and the ones you got which are all black?

Attached Files:

5. who177e

who177e Member

I'm thinking the only difference is the 5 watt difference. Since mine are all black they are a little less efficient.