TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Solar/PW installer truck size

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by Cstreet, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Cstreet

Cstreet Member

We are getting a medium solar (roof constrained) and 3 powerwalls next week in the SF Bay Area. We have a challenging long driveway that is fine for pickups and 16ft box trucks but not bigger trucks.

I was curious about the types of trucks they usually use to bring and support the install of the solar components and powerwalls?

I’m letting them know about the driveway but we have had many cases with larger delivery trucks showing up even after warnings :).

2. woferry

woferry Member

The (Milpitas based I believe) install crew that did my house in San Jose had one 10-15' Isuzu NQR and a Sprinter van. So it sounds like they're probably OK.

• Like x 2
  3. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 100D 2020.48.30

They used multiple Sprinter vans and a pickup for our installs. If you give them the heads-up, they should be able to plan accordingly.

• Like x 2