Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Solar Roof - Gutters NorCal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All,

As I kick-off my project, I'm trying to get a sense for gutter replacement cost.

I have a single story home total roof area is ~2600 sq ft. I'm trying to calibrate my expectations on cost.

The recommended installer (based out of San Jose) is quoting ~$4600 for gutter replacement (Roofing Services Inc., 408-314-208)

Is that cost reasonable? Is there anyone else here in NorCal who has recently completed a project and can recommend a contractor who's dealt with Solar Roof installs before?

Thanks.

All,

As I kick-off my project, I'm trying to get a sense for gutter replacement cost.

I have a single story home total roof area is ~2600 sq ft. I'm trying to calibrate my expectations on cost.

The recommended installer (based out of San Jose) is quoting ~$4600 for gutter replacement (Roofing Services Inc., 408-314-208)

Is that cost reasonable? Is there anyone else here in NorCal who has recently completed a project and can recommend a contractor who's dealt with Solar Roof installs before?

Thanks.

It would help to know the County you live in so we can at least give a rough guidance for a contractor. I don't think a roofer in Walnut Creek is going to head over to Napa or Pacifica, but that's all considered NorCal at this point (SF Bay Area is really goddamn big hehe). Also agree, if you could tell us how much gutter length and whether it's like 3 stories up... it'd be easier to understand your project.

It would help to know the County you live in so we can at least give a rough guidance for a contractor. I don't think a roofer in Walnut Creek is going to head over to Napa or Pacifica, but that's all considered NorCal at this point (SF Bay Area is really goddamn big hehe). Also agree, if you could tell us how much gutter length and whether it's like 3 stories up... it'd be easier to understand your project.
My bad - I threw the phone # in there (San Jose NPA), but it's not clear.

Alameda county Dublin/Livermore area.

All,

Thanks.

I think most companies will service the entire Bay Area with the exception of North Bay area. I got 3 quotes, Acme Roofing came as Tesla recommended with my solar roof documents but they were not responsive at all, I found Saber Roofing on Yelp with high rating, also AJ Gutters recommended by the Tesla roof tear-down sub-contractor. All 3 estimates were pretty much the same but Saber Roofing does not install the gutter guard that I want so I went with AJ Gutters, they have worked with Tesla solar roof and I'm happy with their work. BTW, 4600.00 seems low but it all depends on the size of the roof and how many levels as you need downspouts and they all go by feet.

Reactions: marcor
Home square footage is not a good basis for estimating gutter cost because it makes a big difference whether the home is one or two stories and hip vs. gable roof. The gutter cost goes by linear feet of gutter and number of downspouts.

My brother is the operations manager for a gutter company in the LA area. As stated above gutters are priced by the linear foot. Downspouts are quoted the same way by the linear foot.

Measure how many linear feet of gutters and downspouts you need. The going rate in LA is about $8.00 per linear foot. If you can get it down to $7.50 you are getting a deal. Not sure about NorCal.

If they need to bring out a cherry picker add in another $1,000.

• Informative
Reactions: Canyonero
My brother is the operations manager for a gutter company in the LA area. As stated above gutters are priced by the linear foot. Downspouts are quoted the same way by the linear foot.

Measure how many linear feet of gutters and downspouts you need. The going rate in LA is about $8.00 per linear foot. If you can get it down to $7.50 you are getting a deal. Not sure about NorCal.

If they need to bring out a cherry picker add in another $1,000.

Random question, what circumstance would they need a cherry picker instead of using ladders? Like if you had a 4 story house?

Hmmm. The quote from the gutter firm recommended by Tesla was $14/ft for my single-story home (321 linear feet of gutter plus 132 feet of downspout -- that latter number seems high for 8 downspouts).