Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Solar Roof Updates from 4Q2019 Call

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It kind of sounds like Tesla are still working through design changes and that production won't ramp up during 1H2019 as we last heard.

The company said that with “significantly improved manufacturing capabilities during 2019, based on the design iterations and testing underway,” actual customer installs would remain “at a slow pace to gather further learnings from our design changes, as well as about the viability of our installation processes by implementing them in areas around the U.S. that are experiencing inclement weather.”

- More Tesla roof tile delays

More:

Tesla hedges on timetable for solar roof production increase in Buffalo
Tesla Starts Testing the Solar Roof in Tough Weather Amid Design Tweaks | Inverse

Not sure about ramping but they are now scheduling installs on the east coast, at least here in NE PA. Just got a call from Tesla Solar asking if I want to change my Slate Solar Roof selection to the textured grey, in which case I could have a house site visit this week and an install date in September. Otherwise they are estimating middle of next year for the slate tiles.

• Informative
Reactions: Compton and abasile
A twitter search a few days ago also turned up someone who seems to be in Arlington, VA who is going through the installation right now (posting some progress tweets), so it looks like they've started some installs on the east coast also. Part of my install crew was from Pittsburgh and it sounded like they did some projects out there also, that sounded like a while ago so perhaps employees' homes or something.

• Informative
Reactions: Compton and madodel