Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla solar subscription no longer available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen reference to the commercial subscription but it seems now on the tesla site you can't ditch the powerwall any more and all mention of the residential subscription seems to be gone. Anyone else notice they dropped that option? I knew the powerwall changes were coming but not ditching the sub. I wonder what will happen to those that have it?

hmm I have it and not happy with power production anyways. barely break even to $50 sub. costs :(

I'm also debating whether to take it off prior to home sale also (free removal) I wonder if TSLA will allow buy out of the 10 panels instead...

Last edited:
Do you have all south facing panels? Are you saying your APS bill isn’t sub $50 or you aren’t getting $50 in generation credit?

I wonder what they will do with existing customers?

No HOA "requested" backyard so NW.

not getting $50 in generation credit if I do $.10 X kwh, esp. in winter. Does help a little with APS TOU plan though.

Just worried about how it will impact home sale

No HOA "requested" backyard so NW.

not getting $50 in generation credit if I do $.10 X kwh, esp. in winter. Does help a little with APS TOU plan though.

Just worried about how it will impact home sale

If you have the option to remove it for no cost prior to deciding to sell your home, that is what I would do. Leased solar (no matter the lease) adds no value at all, and basically if your lucky does not DETRACT from value. I am in a 20 year lease, so would have to figure that out, but am not selling my home anytime soon.

Even in southern california, where, at least in my neck of the woods, a local real estate agent who i know fairly well mentioned that "owned" solar is worth a good 3,4 or even 5%, as long as you havent priced yourself out of the market you live in, leased solar is at best neutral, and some people dont want to deal with it at all (kind of like a pool, where I live, as well).

Reactions: vickh