Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Song "Favorites" not allowing me to de-select favorite songs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello group. I am having a problem where my Tesla Favorites keeps playing songs I've previously given a "thumbs up." I go back in and de-select the "thumbs up" but every time I get back in the car, the songs still have the "thumbs up" icon highlighted, as if I never disabled it. This is extremely annoying to have to keep hearing the same songs being played. Tesla advised me to contact Slacker (which is now LiveXLive), but they advised me to contact Tesla.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

Hello group. I am having a problem where my Tesla Favorites keeps playing songs I've previously given a "thumbs up." I go back in and de-select the "thumbs up" but every time I get back in the car, the songs still have the "thumbs up" icon highlighted, as if I never disabled it. This is extremely annoying to have to keep hearing the same songs being played. Tesla advised me to contact Slacker (which is now LiveXLive), but they advised me to contact Tesla.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric
I had the same problem; just tap on "thumbs down."

Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Why is it that we have to choose between thumbs up (where a song plays fairly often) or thumbs down (where it will never play again)??

How stupid to remove the ability to de-select thumbs down (so that it just plays occasionally)!

Tesla is supposed to be the software expert, but I feel like they keep taking steps backwards.

Good to know, now I won't use the thumbs option at all. I only used it a few times because I was afraid if I like/dislike one song it will force/ban that band or the whole style on me even though it may be not be what I want. I wish we could know the algorithm for thumbs up/down.

Why is it that we have to choose between thumbs up (where a song plays fairly often) or thumbs down (where it will never play again)??

How stupid to remove the ability to de-select thumbs down (so that it just plays occasionally)!

Tesla is supposed to be the software expert, but I feel like they keep taking steps backwards.
Here's a summary of today's rants that I've posted 'cause I just needed to vent after almost six years of ownership:
Cruise distance too close​
Wipers beta mode still​
Can't de-select songs with a thumbs-up (need to change to thumbs-down)​
Stop the stupid cowbell​
No speed limit visible when in FSD (only current speed and setpoint)​