TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Specs

Discussion in 'Video' started by Jeff, May 14, 2008.

1. Jeff

Jeff Member

#1 Jeff, May 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016

2. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

#2 doug, May 14, 2008
    Last edited: May 14, 2008
    Thanks for the vid. :smile:
    It must be pretty new since it's taken from the LA store. The specs sound old, though.
    Also, how do you like that random advert at the end?? It's like... ZING! :eek: Bait and switch! :rolleyes:

3. Jeff

Jeff Member

Yeah I know Doug. I to was thrown by surprise when they busted out the radiator cap. I was like huh? LoL. Yes Doug, some specifications are a tad outdated. I noticed that myself. Tesla's new power electronics upgrade supposedly puts out 850 amperes at 223 Kilowatts of motor power or roughly 300 horsepower. Also, roadster 1.5 is now single speed. I'm all for that. Simple is better. Tesla claims the efficiency should increase somewhat. The vehicle may now accomplish 230 mpc and not the anticipated 220 mpc because of this upgrade. The motor has undergone slight changes in cooling design also to handle the increase in load current. The ac drive motor will still be air cooled of course. Doug correct me if I'm mistaken but you are a Tesla customer? When you get your supercar, give me the privalige of being passenger. If you would be so kind. I really need to get a ride in one of these things. I must. I must. :smile:

4. Chris H.

Chris H. Member

You have to admit that it was a clever marketing ploy though.

5. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Heh, sadly no. I am but a humble Ph.D. student and don't think it would be prudent of me to try to buy a Roadster on my meager stipend. Would like one eventually, though. I'll be finishing up soon, and in a few years I will be looking to see what Tesla has to offer.