Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla spotted doing a stealth run...new or current model??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Bklynguy

MYLR, White, 19", Black interior, 5 seat, OD 4/30
Mar 31, 2021
Fontana, CA
On my drive this morning I saw these 2 cars which caught my eye due to the unusual paint color. Upon closer look they looked like Teslas then I noticed a Model 3 in the middle of the 2 cars with the M3 driver that looked like a Tesla employee/ engineer. In the past, I recalled seeing Model Ys before they were released in these unusual paint colors when people spotted the employees doing test runs of the car.

I was able to snap a quick picture of the car although it wasn't the best quality since I was driving. To me it didn't look like a Y based on the back, but also didn't look like an X. Although I could be corrected and it in fact is a Y.

Any thoughts on what model this is??

Attachments

• 20210713_085933.jpg
    20210713_085933.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 114
  • 20210713_085938.jpg
    20210713_085938.jpg
    457.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 20210713_085955.jpg
    20210713_085955.jpg
    412.6 KB · Views: 87
  • Disagree
Reactions: alexgr and AlexHung
Neat test mule, but it's not a Tesla. I'm sure someone will be able to figure out the make and model based on the tail lights and charge port.

I'm guessing they Model 3 or Model Y was part of the convoy so they could compare test results between the Tesla and whatever new car the competition is testing.

I can't tell from the picture, but could you tell if the door handles were flush or if they protruded? I've searched half a dozen competitors so far and none of them look similar.

Here are a bunch of upcoming models, but I couldn't find any that had the same charge port, rear glass, tail lights, etc.: Electric SUVs: Every Current & Upcoming SUV For 2021-2022

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Rear lights, bumper, hatch, ...etc.. looks like a Mercedes to me.

On my drive this morning I saw these 2 cars which caught my eye due to the unusual paint color. Upon closer look they looked like Teslas then I noticed a Model 3 in the middle of the 2 cars with the M3 driver that looked like a Tesla employee/ engineer. In the past, I recalled seeing Model Ys before they were released in these unusual paint colors when people spotted the employees doing test runs of the car.

I was able to snap a quick picture of the car although it wasn't the best quality since I was driving. To me it didn't look like a Y based on the back, but also didn't look like an X. Although I could be corrected and it in fact is a Y.

FYI this was spotted in Rancho Cucamonga, CA.

Reactions: Zer0t and Drax
Last edited:
Reactions: mark95476
Thanks for the info all, it really peaked my curiosity. I also was hoping maybe it was going to be a new cheaper crossover Tesla model in the works😏. I know the last part was definitely more of a dream and wish....lol

Wheels--Obvious now that you've pointed it out. I couldn't make out the charge port.

This new Ioniq 5, Kia EV6, Genesis platform looks really good. I'm looking forward to Bjorn getting the Ioniq 5 in a couple weeks.

You win! The wheels and charge port match as well.

View attachment 684172

Great eye! 👍

Based on the bisected front and rear lights I’d say it’s the new Genesis EV crossover due soon.

Not Tesla. All Teslas share a smooth-line aerodynamic design.