Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla spotting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Neilio

Jul 8, 2020
Brentford
I can't be the only one who does this as a thing??

Since I ordered mine I've been keeping an eye out for other Tesla's and have noticed there are many more than I expected. I say so many M3s yesterday it was unreal. Mainly in grey too. I expected to see more white ones!

Anyone know of any good "hotspots" for spotting Teslas? I run across chiswick bridge in West London every pother day and genuinely have seen at least one on every run for the past 2 months.

I've just realised this is the geekiest post ever.... but I can't be the only one who keeps an eye out for them??

Can I?

You could sit outside a Service centre or a Supercharger area! Would be like sitting at an airport plane spotting :p

Just make sure you have a notepad and pen to jot down the Vin numbers!
Lol, yeah thats what I was thinking, I could easily geek it out more, I once saw 12 Teslii at Fleet services but that was all either charging or queuing!

No I don't go to those levels, just keep a causal eye out for them when I'm out and about.

The London area I have seen most is around Wimbledon. We had been counting since 1st Oct and had got up to about 80 from Oct to beginning of March (my children were counting!) over a mileages if over 5k miles. Then early March we saw over 30 over 2 return trips through Wimbledon in space of few days. Registrations not noted! We are based in SW London.

Reactions: Neilio
The London area I have seen most is around Wimbledon. We had been counting since 1st Oct and had got up to about 80 from Oct to beginning of March (my children were counting!) over a mileages if over 5k miles. Then early March we saw over 30 over 2 return trips through Wimbledon in space of few days. Registrations not noted! We are based in SW London.
Sorry just to clarify we were counting any Model of Tesla. My kids are a bit young to distinguish models on the move!

I live in Mansfield, which if you believe the articles in the papers, is one of the most deprived and poorest towns in the country, I regularly see the same 6 or so Teslii around about. I’m no stalker (honest!), but I know some of them live in town.... seen them on their drives :oops:

Mostly white which is hardly surprising given that we are all poor :p

Reactions: Neilio and Roy W.
Driving to and from Leeds every day I see quite a few, mostly white M3's (in fact there's a white one parked up where I work, hope their sentry mode hasn't kept showing up with me looking lovingly at it during lockdown lol) I have seen a LR M3 in blue occasionally on the M62 - same as what i've ordered, and see a few black/greys - I think the Red is one i've not seen in the wild yet

Last Thursday I made a little lad's day. We were leaving our local Hickory's and a family we crossing the car park. The lad (probably about 7) just wanted to look at Marvin - his parents and sister not really bothered. Got into a quick conversation and apparently, he is obsessed with Tesla's. According to him he's seen about 500. Anyway upshot was allowing his mum to take a photo of him stood next to Marvin. Happy chappy
1f601.png
#GetThemYoung

Reactions: davidmc and Jez_GB
Last Thursday I made a little lad's day. We were leaving our local Hickory's and a family we crossing the car park. The lad (probably about 7) just wanted to look at Marvin - his parents and sister not really bothered. Got into a quick conversation and apparently, he is obsessed with Tesla's. According to him he's seen about 500. Anyway upshot was allowing his mum to take a photo of him stood next to Marvin. Happy chappy
1f601.png
#GetThemYoung

Love this. The youngsters certainly know where it's at!

I was over in California for a month four years ago - this is when my love affair with Tesla really started. Most I ever saw in a day was 18. Since buying my first in September 2016, the most I've seen in a day in the UK (other than SC) is 9. Still wave at them all:rolleyes: but seldom get a response.