Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla St Leonards to close

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you'll find that all of the issues being brought up in this thread is a result of Tesla growing ridiculously fast, rather than people not caring. I work with the Tesla team on the business side, and the people I deal with, right from the top to the people on the floor, all really care.

Having said that, I DO think they would benefit from investment in the service space. They didn't have as much time as they used to for each customer, so they need to replace it with good process and more touchpoints for customers. It also highlights an interesting turning point in the whole "should we do everything ourselves" vs a more traditional dealer model. I think direct sales are an excellent idea, but should that also extend to direct service? I'm not sure.

Anyway, not diminishing any of the issues that you've all had, but I don't think it's fair to say that the people who work at Tesla don't give a toss. They do.
I think Elon is well aware

Tesla ends sale commission, increases salaries and stock bonus after compensation cut - Electrek

Reactions: Anubis
Well, the first thing Elon should do is stop doing everything himself! ;)

He really needs a good COO and ultimately I think Tesla would be a better performing company if he eventually handed over the CEO role to a trusted and experienced lieutenant and Elon became the Chief Product Architect and Evangelist.

He has this at SpaceX with Gwynne Shotwell and it seems to work so well over there.

I had a strong feeling not long ago that St Leonards was not long for this world. Well, today there is a notice for DA that the site is to be changed to a Reece showroom and sales center.
Typical that they don’t let us know that the North Shore service center is closing. I guess the supercharger will be removed as well.
not happy, Tesla!!!
For someone who was a mad fan, I am becoming progressively disillusioned with the company.

I just received an email, informing me that the St Leonard’s Supercharges will be operational until January 31,2020. No further information about where or when a new set of super chargers would be available on the North Shore. Very disappointed that Tesla has not planned this well enough to be able to provide the supercharging facilities they touted when I bought my S in 2015, instead it appears they are reducing facilities.

Reactions: ICUDoc
I just received an email, informing me that the St Leonard’s Supercharges will be operational until January 31,2020. No further information about where or when a new set of super chargers would be available on the North Shore. Very disappointed that Tesla has not planned this well enough to be able to provide the supercharging facilities they touted when I bought my S in 2015, instead it appears they are reducing facilities.

upload_2019-12-13_10-29-51.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-13_10-29-51.jpeg
    upload_2019-12-13_10-29-51.jpeg
    237.1 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: Hungry Mile

My optimistic view is the new service centre on the north side will be larger, and able to do significant numbers deliveries.
It will also probably have significantly more Superchargers than the St Leonards site.

ideally they should keep the St Leonards Superchargers open until the new site opens...

My reasoning is simple with Model Y coming and with Model 3 & Y being more affordable we are going to have a significant growth in the Tesla customer base, they were on track to out grow St Leonards..

Supercharger expansion in Australia seems to be going fairly slowing just a present, but a far north and/or West location in Sydney close to major roads and motorways makes some sense..

In Sydney, Cheerybrook, St Marys and Rhodes would be good...

ChargeFox is already in Toombul, if that is the same centre...

Karwana is close to Superchargers at Maroochydore

I'm not sure about the other locations..
I'm all in for St Marys to be chosen by Mirvac for fast destination charging

As a resident in Sydney's outer western suburbs it was painful to have to drive into the city or St Leonards to supercharge if I required more juice to top up than I could do at home with my 8-10A connection with the mobile connector.

Tesla only said the new service centre location would be in the Lower North Shore, and there's no evidence that there would be a new supercharger in the area, at the service centre or otherwise, but given Mirvac's good relationship with EV charging (both Tesla and Chargefox) it might be worth a look.

So... these are the three Mirvac centres on the north side of Sydney.

Greenwood is the only one strictly in the "Lower North Shore" region mentioned in the email. Geographically it's pretty close to Broadway. Also I don't live in Sydney so perhaps the 7 km from Greenwood to Broadway is psychologically a long way :p

The other two would probably be more useful but are not in the Lower North Shore.

Of course there is no guarantee it will be at a Mirvac owned location! Just speculation.

upload_2019-12-14_13-22-8.png

Tesla only said the new service centre location would be in the Lower North Shore, and there's no evidence that there would be a new supercharger in the area, at the service centre or otherwise, but given Mirvac's good relationship with EV charging (both Tesla and Chargefox) it might be worth a look.

So... these are the three Mirvac centres on the north side of Sydney.

Greenwood is the only one strictly in the "Lower North Shore" region mentioned in the email. Geographically it's pretty close to Broadway. Also I don't live in Sydney so perhaps the 7 km from Greenwood to Broadway is psychologically a long way :p

The other two would probably be more useful but are not in the Lower North Shore.

Of course there is no guarantee it will be at a Mirvac owned location! Just speculation.

View attachment 488024
There is a harbour bridge in the way!
Greenwood plaza’s wall connectors are invariably ICE’D since the spots are not labeled EV restricted. AND there is a 1 hour parking limit. User unfriendly car park to boot. NOT a good choice!!
Mind you, Broadway is not really a great location either.....
They really need to be in quiet locations..... like StLeonards, for instance!!!!!

Last edited:
There is a harbour bridge in the way!
Greenwood plaza’s wall connectors are invariably ICE’D since the spots are not labeled EV restricted. AND there is a 1 hour parking limit. User unfriendly car park to boot. NOT a good choice!!
Mind you, Broadway is not really a great location either.....
They really need to be in quiet locations..... like StLeonards, for instance!!!!!

I agree with this I move out of Sydney a few years ago, but we visit regularly.

Parking in place like North Sydney or Broadway is in demand and valuable, the chances of spot being ICE's if rules are not enforced is higher.

As well these can be busy high traffic roads...

Alexandria is a better location because it is quieter, St Leonards or north of St Leonards is a good location, they should keep Broadway as it should work well for some people particularly on weekends.

Around Epping, Ryde or Gladesville would be a good location... apart from that closer to the city fringe and major highways would work best.