Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla staff have an all hands meeting (1st Oct).. Model Y about to go on sale?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fan then? I pretty new to this brand having pretty much lived with German marques since I had my first job and do appreciate there’s been build quality issues that should never appear on any car let alone in one over £40,000 but so far I’ve only been impressed with the cars I’ve viewed and driven.

Time will tell I suppose.

A fan, Yes. A loyal brand person, not really. Go view ad drive it for yourself and decide.

Build quality is not on par with German but its not bad and does have its upsides to make up for it imho.

Does anyone have an educated guess on the likely UK MY pricing?

I’ve been holding off on a M3LR c £52k with extras (paint, wheels, white interior) is the MY likely to be out with this budget, I’m pretty much at the top of what I want to spend.
I would say £58k with all your extras but you can always skip the wheels and get them later on (better value as well).

Reactions: Arran
Does anyone have an educated guess on the likely UK MY pricing?

I’ve been holding off on a M3LR c £52k with extras (paint, wheels, white interior) is the MY likely to be out with this budget, I’m pretty much at the top of what I want to spend.
I did some napkin math earlier this week. In Europe the model Y ranges from 9%-18% price increase to their model 3 counterparts. In Germany and France this rate is around 12%. (Norway was a big outlier at 18%)

So I’m anticipating it to be £55k for the base LR MY

It would be nice to know ANYTHING about what’s happening with Model Y in the UK. I’ve seen people say UK Y’s are to be MIC initially but who knows it’s all noise at present.

All RHD ones are currently being made in China as they're only going to Hong Kong (I think), but almost all of the RHD markets are on that side of the globe - Australia, New Zealand, Japan, etc. - so if post-Brexit import fees are similar for both MIC and MIG, I can't see it making much business sense to have Germany go to the trouble of building for the UK.

Longer term there may be other drivers that change the situation, but at the moment MIC MY seems to be the most likely.

Orders up on the UK website….👍 Early 2022 delivery.
EE0ADD0C-3E1D-417A-A71B-5910919DE89D.png

Reactions: ACarneiro
Status
Not open for further replies.