Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla staff have an all hands meeting (1st Oct).. Model Y about to go on sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeSymonds

Mar 16, 2018
UK
But that's grey...

:)
Fussy :)

The Blue looks pretty awesome too

1899.jpg

As for news after last night, not heard a thing. Maybe Monday... (and in true Tesla style, I'm not saying which Monday :)

Reactions: init6

Js1977

Aug 13, 2020
Dorset
according to motorway, my car is now worth £750 more than it was 3 weeks ago and has now done 4000 miles
Aye. Even cazoo was offering 39650 for our one year old M3 SR+ with 10k miles hence why I bought a new one for the mrs and keep the old one till the Y comes through or a decent priced leaf for my son that I can keep until his insurance is up for renewal on his current car in May and he will then have (hopefully) 4 years NCB. Its like a jigsaw puzzle 😆

Reactions: Mr H

Arran

Feb 4, 2020
Southampton
Aye. Even cazoo was offering 39650 for our one year old M3 SR+ with 10k miles hence why I bought a new one for the mrs and keep the old one till the Y comes through or a decent priced leaf for my son that I can keep until his insurance is up for renewal on his current car in May and he will then have (hopefully) 4 years NCB. Its like a jigsaw puzzle 😆
Very tempted to do the same. Can't see M3 prices staying high as I'm sure alot of people here, but also out and about are thinking the exact same. A massive flood of M3's in Jan/Feb could push prices down.. alot.

Interested it find out if this theory played out in Mainland Europe thou? I'm afraid I don't know the French/German/Dutch equivalent of AutoTrader/Motorway! Ha

DrJFoster

Aug 27, 2019
UK
Interested it find out if this theory played out in Mainland Europe thou? I'm afraid I don't know the French/German/Dutch equivalent of AutoTrader/Motorway! Ha
Most countries seem to have their used car markets aggregated into Tesla-info and from there they trend price averages. If you find a Dutch M3LR registered in 2019 you can see the depreciation over the last 2 years has been a about 20% - not bad at 10% a year if it was any other car. What they didn't seem to get was the price rises on the used market that we got. Like you, I think when the early cars start coming off 2 year leases which is only just starting, we might see some softening of prices.

Arran

Feb 4, 2020
Southampton
My car went to motorway 2 weeks ago. I did consider running the revaluation again to check if the value has gone up but I would never forgive myself so decided not to look 😂
How easy was the process? Assuming you (sold?) your Tesla. I'm weary of the front-line figure being alot higher then what dealers/bidders would put in for the car. Especially when it's quoted at the same price as when I brought the car new almost a year ago!

I hope it’s not the case. Wish Tesla would come out with some kind of statement on the MY. If it’s not imminent fine, take my money give me a M3 but if it’s literally days away that the “stay updated” button changes to “place order now” then I’m gonna be nightly hacked off.

I guess I can just place my M3 order the. Either write off the £100 deposit or see if Tesla would transfer it to the MY.

Js1977

Aug 13, 2020
Dorset
I hope it’s not the case. Wish Tesla would come out with some kind of statement on the MY. If it’s not imminent fine, take my money give me a M3 but if it’s literally days away that the “stay updated” button changes to “place order now” then I’m gonna be nightly hacked off.

I guess I can just place my M3 order the. Either write off the £100 deposit or see if Tesla would transfer it to the MY.
I wholeheartedly understand you. It would be nice... On the flip side there is adrenalin of taking the plunge... Then you have collection check lists, gap worries, paint issues etc.... if you need a bit of trivial excitement in your life, this is it.

I agree.... for better or for worst, consider that as a deduction?
Not a fan then? I pretty new to this brand having pretty much lived with German marques since I had my first job and do appreciate there’s been build quality issues that should never appear on any car let alone in one over £40,000 but so far I’ve only been impressed with the cars I’ve viewed and driven.

Time will tell I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC