Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla starts delivering Model Y to Mexico

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems they just started delivering Model Y to Mexico. Heres a review in spanish from a mexican newspaper
Disclaimer: Im not afilated in any way to that youtube channel.. if admin thinks this some kind of spam I can remove the video link, just wanted to give a little bit of proof to my post :)

Too bad I have a RWD preorder.. so hopefully we receive them with the same batch of other NA RWD orders (if they ever fulfill them LOL)

Last edited:
Ok my bad.. just called in.. they just received demo/review Model Y (i think they wont even test drive it), units for customers are still on hold and actual deliveries wont start for a couple months more

I dont live in CDMX, I live near the California border, so it would be a total different experience, since I would be depending from USA dealerships for services. We dont have superchargers down here so I would be total dependant to home charging, and just use supercharging on USA trips (when they reopen the border). The good thing is that Tesla mexico still doesnt have supercharging billing infrastructure, so I could charge in the USA for free (not sure when this would end thou)

They just updated Tesla Mexico pages, Model Y shows a 8-10 weeks estimated delivery for Mexico.. now I just need news for the LR RWD or they let me change my order to AWD at original pricing.. (even after current price drop, they increased their price BY A LOT, comparing curring prices they have ~26MXN per USD as exchange rate, when for its addons, their average exchange rate is ~21-22MXN per USD) so it would be cheaper if they could adjust me the price of last year

There several roads that have high insecurity levels, most in Nuevo Leon, I would think twice before trying to do that trip, and/or at least get some info in the safest roads to takes and hours. Im hoping Tesla starts adding superchargers in cities near the border, or at least in Baja California. They created a network so you can take your Tesla from California all the way down to Los Cabos, BUT with just destination chargers (i talked to one of the owners of a company in Ensenada which made all these installations in Hotels). I bet that trip would be at least 4 days (from San Diego to Los Cabos its almost a 2 day trip in a ICE car)

Seems they just started delivering Model Y to Mexico. Heres a review in spanish from a mexican newspaper
Disclaimer: Im not afilated in any way to that youtube channel.. if admin thinks this some kind of spam I can remove the video link, just wanted to give a little bit of proof to my post :)

Too bad I have a RWD preorder.. so hopefully we receive them with the same batch of other NA RWD orders (if they ever fulfill them LOL)

what's in the second Tesla bag in the trunk well @ 1.51 in the Video?

Mexico is still a dangerous place. Even the cops are crooked. They see an american license plate and they pull you over. Plus teslas are known to be expensive and you will stick out like a soar thumb that you are well off.
You might be ok in boarder cities, but go in deeper and good luck.

Your experience there has been different than ours. We have travelled through 25 of the 31 states and federal district in a Canadian plated vehicle for months at a time with no issues. Cops were helpful whenever we were lost. So were the military. We have literally had cops on their cell phones to their wives so they could google accommodations for us and then lead us to the hotel or campground. Generally speaking the people are great.

Sorry you had a crappy experience.

Reactions: chdavis and DanDi58
Your experience there has been different than ours. We have travelled through 25 of the 31 states and federal district in a Canadian plated vehicle for months at a time with no issues. Cops were helpful whenever we were lost. So were the military. We have literally had cops on their cell phones to their wives so they could google accommodations for us and then lead us to the hotel or campground. Generally speaking the people are great.

Sorry you had a crappy experience.
Where you in a tesla?