Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Tesla Starts Refreshed Model X Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tesla announced on Twitter that it is delivering the refreshed version of its flagship Model X SUV.

“First deliveries of new Model X,” the company tweeted alongside photos of new owners.

The Model X starts at $101,190, while the highest-end Model X Plaid starts at $121,190.

Customers have been waiting for the refreshed version for months while Tesla updated its manufacturing lines for the updates. Tesla also updated its flagship Model S sedan, which took priority.

The refreshed Model X and Model S include a 17-inch horizontal touchscreen and the yoke-style steering wheel. The vehicles also have very subtle updates to the exterior, including new wheel options.

Last edited by a moderator:
All the news on model X 2021 refresh with 14% lighter battery, more power to both motors front and rear, 4% reduction on curb weight so you expecting that model X will get more range. NOPE... Tesla website just lower the range on model X to 332 from previously 360. That is 9% reduction in range and prices are going up. #TESLA #MODELX @elonmusk is sucking the juice out of the battery and money out of your pocket o||o:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Don’t know which wheel or seat layout you selected, but the 20 inch wheels with 5 seats shows 351 miles. It’s good that they have more specific range displayed based on wheel and seat selection, which no one really does.
22 in wheels configuration will lower the range. Glad you point out. I am still not happy with the range because the 2020 model X has about 370 listed and I feel that the X should have 400 range since it's SUV more like family car for long distance travel. 400 range would give you about 300 miles driving conservatively before stop for a charge.

Reactions: Jetpad
22 in wheels configuration will lower the range. Glad you point out. I am still not happy with the range because the 2020 model X has about 370 listed and I feel that the X should have 400 range since it's SUV more like family car for long distance travel. 400 range would give you about 300 miles driving conservatively before stop for a charge.
Can your family really last for over 4 hours to use the restroom?

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Tesla could easily get 400 miles of range by adding more battery cells. Doing so would reduce the number of cars they can deliver (they are battery constrained), increase the cost, increase the weight, decrease ride quality, reduce performance etc. They provide what most people need, but not what everyone wants.
Increasing battery cells increases weight...weight increases problems, handling, range, drag and so on. I do not think the problem with adding more battery cells is a shortage in batteries but more of weight concern.

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricIAC