Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Tesla Starts Refreshed Model X Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tesla announced on Twitter that it is delivering the refreshed version of its flagship Model X SUV.

“First deliveries of new Model X,” the company tweeted alongside photos of new owners.

The Model X starts at $101,190, while the highest-end Model X Plaid starts at $121,190.

Customers have been waiting for the refreshed version for months while Tesla updated its manufacturing lines for the updates. Tesla also updated its flagship Model S sedan, which took priority.

The refreshed Model X and Model S include a 17-inch horizontal touchscreen and the yoke-style steering wheel. The vehicles also have very subtle updates to the exterior, including new wheel options.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all --

I am new here, just trying to get a basic sense of where we are in the Model X delivery process. Is the basic idea that:

- Tesla has delivered some MX 6-seater LR vehicles,
- We haven't yet seen any Plaid or non-6-seater deliveries?

I am waiting on a MX Plaid, 5-seater, ordered in March 2021. My account says currently to expect delivery in January.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Hello all --

I am new here, just trying to get a basic sense of where we are in the Model X delivery process. Is the basic idea that:

- Tesla has delivered some MX 6-seater LR vehicles,
- We haven't yet seen any Plaid or non-6-seater deliveries?

I am waiting on a MX Plaid, 5-seater, ordered in March 2021. My account says currently to expect delivery in January.
The Refreh Model X waiting room has more of this but to answer your question correct only 6 seat non plaid delivered we know of. Deliveries are coming out pretty slow overall only about 10 confirmed VIN assigned and 7 or 8 deliveries.

Reactions: JER85
In Toronto, Canada My cousin had his mX ordered in March 2021, delivery dates were pushed few times as for most of us, and the last note was TBD for the past few months.
Yesterday he checked and it shows his delivery to be by the end of January 2022, and representative will be in touch when VIN will be assigned, it had changed from TBD.
Has anyone got their updated profiles by Tesla recently? I wonder if those who placed an order earlier in January and February got their VIN assigned already or the dates are more accurate?
Few dealers mX were spotted in Toronto and Woodbridge in the past months, they say it’s for the tests only to test the batteries in Canadian winter..

In Toronto, Canada My cousin had his mX ordered in March 2021, delivery dates were pushed few times as for most of us, and the last note was TBD for the past few months.
Yesterday he checked and it shows his delivery to be by the end of January 2022, and representative will be in touch when VIN will be assigned, it had changed from TBD.
Has anyone got their updated profiles by Tesla recently? I wonder if those who placed an order earlier in January and February got their VIN assigned already or the dates are more accurate?
Few dealers mX were spotted in Toronto and Woodbridge in the past months, they say it’s for the tests only to test the batteries in Canadian winter..
Tell your cousin Jan EDD is a placeholder not a real EDD. No one knows when we'll actually get our cars.

I drove a Model 2021 pre refresh model X to LA from San Jose during the summer.I had no issue driving from SJ to LA, it was good! My problem was once I got to LA, stayed at my friend's house who does not have a Tesla charger, I had to wake up an hour early than the rest of hours friends with gas cars, just so that I can go charge my Tesla. We went for lunch and drove to SD. I had to charge a bit on the way back to LA from SD. Then on the day driving from LA to SJ, I had to go charge first, then charge one more time on the way. If I had a gas car or if my friend had a tesla charger at home I probably wouldn't have to do all the extra charging on the way. Perhaps , for people who often take road trips, range matters. That's why I also ordered the 500 miles cyber truck.

Tell your cousin not to hold his breath. Same boat with an earlier order. Consider any change to the status (that's not followed up with either a text or email) as simply a placeholder. I had my order changed from a 7 to 6 seater with the promise of a December delivery.

I'm not holding my breath that a delivery will happen this month.

Reactions: VictorD
I ordered my Model X LR January 4, 2020. Delivery dates of course as we all know continued to advance. Back in October I received my newest date of January. Reading blogs confirmed that the X was indeed in production, This morning, my anticipated delivery date has changed to February 2022. Just curious if ANYONE is driving a refreshed Model X.

I ordered my Model X LR January 4, 2020. Delivery dates of course as we all know continued to advance. Back in October I received my newest date of January. Reading blogs confirmed that the X was indeed in production, This morning, my anticipated delivery date has changed to February 2022. Just curious if ANYONE is driving a refreshed Model X.
You have to look at the other thread under Model X, but yes, there have been a few deliveries. That said, it seems as if there's ongoing production issues and people are now getting February placeholders who had January before. It's unclear what exactly is going on.

Jan of 2020? So did you defer delivery for a year until they announced the refresh?

I drove a Model 2021 pre refresh model X to LA from San Jose during the summer.I had no issue driving from SJ to LA, it was good! My problem was once I got to LA, stayed at my friend's house who does not have a Tesla charger, I had to wake up an hour early than the rest of hours friends with gas cars, just so that I can go charge my Tesla. We went for lunch and drove to SD. I had to charge a bit on the way back to LA from SD. Then on the day driving from LA to SJ, I had to go charge first, then charge one more time on the way. If I had a gas car or if my friend had a tesla charger at home I probably wouldn't have to do all the extra charging on the way. Perhaps , for people who often take road trips, range matters. That's why I also ordered the 500 miles cyber truck.
Next time you'll pick a place to stay with a destination charger. Then you wake up fully charged and can be clean and way down the road while your buddies are at that nasty gas station.

Mine changed from Jan to Feb as well! Wonder If the timeline will hold true to Feb 2022.

Early May Order - Long Range/ Red/ Black Interior/ 5 Seater / FSD

Also If I change order now to 7 seater, would it push the timeline further away?
If you ordered pre-price increases that change will add 3k (5->7 seat) and up to 15k (price increases) to your bill. I think you would keep place in line though.

Reactions: Prairie
Next time you'll pick a place to stay with a destination charger. Then you wake up fully charged and can be clean and way down the road while your buddies are at that nasty gas station.
That’s not always an option if you’re staying with friends or family though. I’ve run in to this same scenario and it’s one of the few times that having an EV kind of sucks…. It’s great the other 98% of the time though

Reactions: John in LB