Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Tesla Starts Refreshed Model X Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tesla announced on Twitter that it is delivering the refreshed version of its flagship Model X SUV.

“First deliveries of new Model X,” the company tweeted alongside photos of new owners.

The Model X starts at $101,190, while the highest-end Model X Plaid starts at $121,190.

Customers have been waiting for the refreshed version for months while Tesla updated its manufacturing lines for the updates. Tesla also updated its flagship Model S sedan, which took priority.

The refreshed Model X and Model S include a 17-inch horizontal touchscreen and the yoke-style steering wheel. The vehicles also have very subtle updates to the exterior, including new wheel options.

Last edited by a moderator:
I drove a Model 2021 pre refresh model X to LA from San Jose during the summer.I had no issue driving from SJ to LA, it was good! My problem was once I got to LA, stayed at my friend's house who does not have a Tesla charger, I had to wake up an hour early than the rest of hours friends with gas cars, just so that I can go charge my Tesla. We went for lunch and drove to SD. I had to charge a bit on the way back to LA from SD. Then on the day driving from LA to SJ, I had to go charge first, then charge one more time on the way. If I had a gas car or if my friend had a tesla charger at home I probably wouldn't have to do all the extra charging on the way. Perhaps , for people who often take road trips, range matters. That's why I also ordered the 500 miles cyber truck.
Really?? I don't have a Tesla charger at my house, and I have been charging my electric vehicles here for the past ten years or so. You just take that long cord thingy and plug it into ANY outlet (though 220 is best) and it will charge!! Even at a friend's house! If I had a gas car I would have to drive over to a gas station (4 miles) to top off my tank, but I fill up in my garage, and it's full when I wake up. In other words, cry me a river. When I went on trips with my 300 mile range car, I usually combined charging with eating or bathroom breaks, and now with 400 miles, I still do. No one is in that much of a hurry that they can't stop for a few minutes to charge and refresh, and if they think they are, they can leave home a few minutes earlier.

I ordered a Plaid X a long time ago. It slipped from October delivery to January. Now it doesn't show a delivery date on the page.
Hang in there. I ordered my X Plaid last April. I ordered the 5-seater with self driving and 22” wheels. I called Tesla to inquire why each month my delivery projected date would slip a month. I told them I was getting antsy. Then magically a few days later my projected delivery date changed from March to February. That same day I received a call from their sales support stating that if I was willing to accept the 6-seater instead of the 5, they would throw in the $6,500 option at no charge. That was not a hard decision. Then the Tesla App updated my delivery to between February 13-16 and they assigned me a VIN number. I’ve been driving a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee that now has 130k miles. It’s never been in the shop except for brakes, tires and oil. I’ve been crossing my fingers that the Jeep keeps me rolling until my Tesla is delivered. I already have my Tesla charger wired and installed In my garage. Come to me baby.

Hang in there. I ordered my X Plaid last April. I ordered the 5-seater with self driving and 22” wheels. I called Tesla to inquire why each month my delivery projected date would slip a month. I told them I was getting antsy. Then magically a few days later my projected delivery date changed from March to February. That same day I received a call from their sales support stating that if I was willing to accept the 6-seater instead of the 5, they would throw in the $6,500 option at no charge. That was not a hard decision. Then the Tesla App updated my delivery to between February 13-16 and they assigned me a VIN number. I’ve been driving a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee that now has 130k miles. It’s never been in the shop except for brakes, tires and oil. I’ve been crossing my fingers that the Jeep keeps me rolling until my Tesla is delivered. I already have my Tesla charger wired and installed In my garage. Come to me baby.

I’ve had multiple Grand Cherokees. Love them.

I have an MXP ordered as well. I got a MYP in September to replace my GC to see if I liked the Tesla thing while waiting on MXP.

I will say I like the MYP better than my GCs. Granted it doesn’t have the size, but it’s not off by much. Can’t wait for the MX.