Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Stats App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I apologize if this has been previously addressed but I didn’t find it. I was so excited to use the Siri shortcuts to perform certain functions. One in particular is preheating the inside of the car. I notice that sometimes it works but often I get a response like, “There was a problem” with the app” and then it shows the Stats app. What is even stranger, is I will tell Siri, “Heat my car” (having already recorded it) and so I get the error that it didn’t work so I will go to say it to Siri again and then I sometimes get a message confirming that the climate is on. So it originally reported that there was a problem when in fact, it actually worked and reported it as an error. Other times I just get the error and try Siri over and over again and my wife will be like, “ John, you could have just gone out and done it yourself 5 minutes ago!” I’m just stubborn because I want it to work and in fact, sometimes it will work after several tries. Just wanting to know if I’m alone here or if anyone has suggestions to make the Siri thing a little more dependable.

Please use a phrase that doesn't have the word "car" in it. There is a "car interaction" which causes Siri to attempt to use the Tesla app.
So, please go to the Settings app and tap on "Siri & Search" and then "My Shortcuts" and delete the shortcuts associated with Stats that you have created. Then re-record those shortcuts inside Stats app.

For example, I used "unlock it" and "make it hot" and "open the trunk".

Please use a phrase that doesn't have the word "car" in it. There is a "car interaction" which causes Siri to attempt to use the Tesla app.
So, please go to the Settings app and tap on "Siri & Search" and then "My Shortcuts" and delete the shortcuts associated with Stats that you have created. Then re-record those shortcuts inside Stats app.

For example, I used "unlock it" and "make it hot" and "open the trunk".

Can't you also just disable the Tesla app from using Siri in the settings?

Can't you also just disable the Tesla app from using Siri in the settings?
Hmmm... I have't tried it, but it's a good idea. Thanks for suggesting it. See attached screenshot.

Attachments

• IMG_6C6E9BF18E33-1.jpeg
    IMG_6C6E9BF18E33-1.jpeg
    101.7 KB · Views: 129
Reactions: SpudLime
I don’t seem to be generating any cost graphs/kWh hour added numbers etc in this app since I bought it a few days ago. Any ideas why that would be?

Basically, the top graph slot is empty no matter what stat I choose.

Attachments

• BACA061B-367B-49F4-97AD-FC7FD36895D9.png
    BACA061B-367B-49F4-97AD-FC7FD36895D9.png
    215.3 KB · Views: 76
I don’t seem to be generating any cost graphs/kWh hour added numbers etc in this app since I bought it a few days ago. Any ideas why that would be?

Basically, the top graph slot is empty no matter what stat I choose.
I have noticed if I haven't used the app in a while and it has updated, sometimes I am missing charge cycles/days. If you scroll down does it not show any charging (each session is done by date).

No I don’t see any charging. I’ll probably request a refund from Apple for the app if I can’t get it sorted. It doesn’t work for me. :(
Same for me, I'm in two minds whether to request a refund or not. From what I can gather from speaking to the developer (my guess: there may be some things that are outside his control) that you have to use the Stats app in a prescribed way:
  1. You must use the stats app to unlock the car before removing the charger wand (handle), It doesn't appear to work if you use phone proximity to unlock the car.
  2. You need to press the button on the wand until a light changes colour and then remove it in one smooth motion with no wiggling. Wiggling may cause a second charge cycle to start and the app picks up that one rather than the previous one and the previous one is lost
  3. You must disconnect the charger from the car within 6 hours of the charging completing. This means that you may have to connect the charger to the car (without starting a charge?) to see how long it will take to charge. Then schedule the start time such that it is less than 6 hours before you get up in the morning or something to that effect. This is different to what Tesla suggests of leaving the car plugged in such that things like cell balancing can occur.
So far I have managed to record two charging sessions out of around six through trial and error with the developer and what seems to work is the 3 steps above.

From what I can gather these kind of missing charge data is not unique to this app and also happens with TeslaFi - not sure if it is the same issue or not.

Other things I have noticed with the app
  • Data can disappear and then come back later - not sure what is going on there.
  • The daily km driven does not always show every day, one of my days out of 6 so far is missing.
  • Siri shortcuts rarely works for me with this app. Often it comes up with a message to open the stats app.
An app that costs $31 AUD needs to perform consistently and accurately.

I realize 19.99 is higher compared to other apps in general, but if you compare it to the cost of Teslafi, it is a bargain. Teslafi is $5 per month or $50 per year. Stats for Tesla is a one-time charge of $19.99.

I have been using Stats for Tesla for 2 months and I find it extremely helpful and informative. I highly recommend it.

Is it possible to use both Stats and TeslaFi at the same time? or will that cause problems? I like the thought of TeslaFi for the website use and stats for the watch and Siri interaction.

Should be fine. Each app creates its own session with the car. I'm pretty sure I have tried multiple simultaneous connections with Tesla without any issues in the past.

• Helpful
Reactions: slonger