Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla still fighting in Missouri

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SMAlset

Mar 4, 2017
SF Bay Area
Saw this article in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch today. Looks like the Missouri Auto Dealers Association has a new Senate Bill 872 they hope to get passed that will allow them to fight Tesla with.

Auto dealers renew fight against Tesla in Jefferson City

From the article - it says Tesla in testimony Monday said they have more than 1,000 customers in Missouri and over 2,000 Model 3 reservation holders.

Yeah, they were rejected by the State Appeals court back in December, but just wont let it die. It is very frustrating when parties in your state want to stop progress for the sake of some lobbyists or donors (or fear of something?). I did find it interesting though that Tesla donated to that representative as well, hadn't heard that before.

I wonder to myself if this is why somewhere like the St Louis MSA, with a population of 2.8 million, has a sum total of 5 supercharger stalls. The planned new superchargers were originally planned for last year and are now planned by end of year.. but there doesn't seem to be a huge hurry. Who knows...

Yeah, it will be nice when there are a few more options around. Haven't heard what the holdup is - and there are plenty of posts about other superchargers opening around the country on a regular basis. Even for folks just passing through, the only one is in St. Charles on 70 and that isn't very convenient if you are coming up 55 or 44 and headed east.