Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla still offers good service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was due for my 2 yr service (skipped the first year), and with Fresno being 140 miles from our nearest service center in Seaside, Tesla has arranged for an employee to live here locally, drive cars from Fresno to get service in Seaside leaving a loaner with the owner, and drive back next day, no charge. Worked out great. Same guy fixed my rear view camera about a year ago in my garage. Almost as good as having a local service center.

I was due for my 2 yr service (skipped the first year), and with Fresno being 140 miles from our nearest service center in Seaside, Tesla has arranged for an employee to live here locally, drive cars from Fresno to get service in Seaside leaving a loaner with the owner, and drive back next day, no charge. Worked out great. Same guy fixed my rear view camera about a year ago in my garage. Almost as good as having a local service center.

I'm a new owner just up the road from you in the foothills, very glad to hear this! I worked with the Seaside store to place my order and they spent a lot of time talking about the Ranger service out here. Great to hear that reality matches up with the pre-sales pitch.

I am not sure why I got a thumb down for saying Tesla found a way solve a long distance service expense for its owner.

jai9001 | OCTOBER 26, 2015 had to pay $618 (206 miles x $3) to transport the car to Service Center for an Annual Service.

As a consolation, the policy of $3/mile does have a cap of $1,000 as Lightfoot3b | January 14, 2016 was told.

Thus, in this case for @eye.surgeon, it's Tesla culture, not Tesla $3/mile policy that helps to solve the very expensive long distance problem for owner.

And I think that is great because 140 miles x 2 (=round trip) x $3 = $840 is a lot of money for an owner to pay to transport a car for an Annual Serivce!

Last edited: