Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla store and service center reviews could be more organized using an add-on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Troy

Aug 24, 2015
Hi. I think Tesla store and service center reviews could be more organized using an add-on that allows 5-star ratings and sorting by rating. I want to show how this could work. The following screenshot is from a website that uses a xenforo add-on.

The list on the top right could be the names of the states. When you select one of them, the titles on the bottom left change based on your selection. These could show the Tesla stores in that state. When you click on one of the titles, there is a discussion section under each title.

This specific add-on works with xenforo 1.5 and can be found here. I don't know what version we have. If it's not compatible, maybe it's possible to find another add-on that is. I haven't searched that long. I googled "5-star ratings, xenforo" and this add-on came up. The demo site you see in the screenshot is here. @doug, is this something you have considered adding?

Qsn7Pqt.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: Dr. J and GoTslaGo
@Troy I know this plugin and have played with it. Very powerful, but I think we have had concerns about it making our complex setup unnecessarily more complex as it touches many aspects of the stock software.

If we were to implement such as solution, do we have any volunteers to get all the content in order?

There are all kinds of nice addons that could solve a theoretical problem we have, but often they take a lot of work to populate with the appropriate data, and Doug and I are plenty swamped as it is :D

Hi, @danny. I don't know if you have seen my signature but I have kind of given up on TMC because of the downvotes feature. Therefore I'm not sure what to say except it would be excellent if we can shelve this idea and focus on removing the downvotes feature. Also, it would be great if I could edit my messages on TMC. I'm now experimenting with another Tesla forum. I hope TMC reconsiders removing downvotes and enabling edits.

Hi, @danny. I don't know if you have seen my signature but I have kind of given up on TMC because of the downvotes feature. Therefore I'm not sure what to say except it would be excellent if we can shelve this idea and focus on removing the downvotes feature. Also, it would be great if I could edit my messages on TMC. I'm now experimenting with another Tesla forum. I hope TMC reconsiders removing downvotes and enabling edits.
Odd... you seem to be if anything more active since adding that to your signature.

Its also not a 'downvote'. Its a 'Disagree' button, that indicates that you don't agree with the posters claim. That's why I used it on your post, to show that I disagree with TMC removing the feature.

• Funny
Reactions: MP3Mike and danny