TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Tesla Store and shipping cost to Canada

Discussion in 'Canada' started by MarkoJ, Dec 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. MarkoJ

MarkoJ Member

What's the deal with the $45 USD for shipping even for really small items? I want to order a $20 Grey Wheel Paint-Touch up and the shipping is $45. Can't find it anywhere on ebay or elsewhere. The $45 isn't the end of the world, but it is more the principal of being gouged.

2. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Member

Might be the extra costs of customs.

3. paul7200

paul7200 Member

Contact a service centre in Canada. I ordered touch up from Vancouver it cost me $10 CDN to ship I believe.

4. Roadrunner13

Roadrunner13 Member

Tesla's shipping cost to Canada usually is too expensive to order anything online.
    I always end up ordering directly from the SC or if lucky, picking it up in a US service center while on vacation!

5. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Shipping ain't cheap. A lot of companies are subsidizing the shipping out of the purchase price, because of consumer resistance. You don't get free shipping on Amazon - you pay for it somehow.

6. mikec8

mikec8 Member

I've ordered a lot in the beginning of the year from Tesla's site, one thing I've noticed is that I never paid sales tax / customs on the items. So the 45$ shipping fee could be a good deal if you're purchasing a lot in one shot (winter mats, CHAdeMO, etc). With the currency conversion, it also came cheaper than the before sales tax price at the service centers. Could be a Canada / US trade deal.

7. MarkoJ

MarkoJ Member

I had to pay customs on a couple of different things including the Tesla Wall Charger so I don't think the $45 covers that.

8. 3Victoria

3Victoria Active Member

See if they can ship USPS -- cheaper and small things sail through customs.

9. hingisfan

hingisfan hingisfan_Mark_V

Yes.... UPS is brutal... USPS every time if possible.