Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is located on Bunda St, just across from Canberra Centre. Not listed on the website yet.
Seems to be still in the fitout phase although there is a white Model 3 inside.
IMG_20211116_140803MP.jpg
IMG_20211116_140703MP.jpg

Pity it's in the seedy part of Canberra. The graffiti in the photo isn't a good sign. And it's a hundred metres from both of the panhandler pedestrian crossings on Petrie and Scotts between the different sections of The Canberra Centre.

If they wanted to be truly subversive, they'd have rented the shopfronts between Global Cafe and the Murrays Coaches terminal in the Jolimont/Novotel building. Folks could contemplate buying a Tesla while waiting for the bus to Sydney to board. Or, better yet, after disembarking a 3.5 hour bus trip from Sydney.

And sadly the article in The Canberra Times which covered it had glaring inaccuracies. Firstly it said that Tesla owners would now be able to have their cars serviced in Canberra, whereas the Service Centre in Beard has been open for ~2 years already. It also stated that the waiting period would now be improved with the shopfront opening. Umm, yeah, sure - I wish...

• Funny
Reactions: PC__LoadLetter
Suspect it's a bit like Sydney's Martin Place site - a temporary site to gain eyeballs and introduce the brand to people who haven't seen a car in person.

With only one vehicle presently in the range in Aus it doesn't need to be that big.

By this time next year when we (hopefully) have all S3XY models again, they might move to a proper showroom and delivery centre.

My optometrist who is a few doors down always asks how my Tesla is going when I visit, I keep telling him to get one. He will now be able to walk there at lunchtime. Oh but first he will have to clad himself in armour and carry an EPIRB to negotiate all the perils that QBN_PC seems petrified about.
You'd carry a PLB. You don't need a full EPIRB unless you need something that floats vertically, like on a yacht.

I'm not petrified of the locals. I'm just tired and disappointed. Bunda Street feels like walking down somewhere in Newtown, just without the traffic or anything else of real interest.

Bit off subject everyone, but any likelihood of getting from Canberra to the Evie at Seven Hills on a full charge from home, we taking the Tesla on its first road trip!!
ABRP says yes. You would want to have the tires fully inflated to the recommended 42psi cold and hope for good weather.

Put the destination into the car's navigation and that way it'll keep an eye on the expected finishing charge level for you - if it's using more than expected, you can stop in for a quick 5 minute top-up at Goulburn or Mittagong (the Chargefox at Goulburn is better placed for a quick stop heading north, because you can use the northern Hume Hwy interchange heading both into and out of Goulburn, saving you a trip through the town itself).