TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla store opening in King of Prussia

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by AnOutsider, May 10, 2013.

1. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

2. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

Holy cow! :scared: What kind of messed up roads do they build up there?

3. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Yeah, not sure what's up with that map, but if you're in the area, you know where King of Prussia mall is.

Google Maps

4. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

I used to drive by there twice a week when I was doing work outside of Allentown, PA. Stopped in a few times after getting close to Philly and checking my flight to find MASSIVE DELAYS. I hate your airport by the way.

5. Citizen-T

Citizen-T Active Member

I'm originally from Bethlehem, PA (pretty much the same as Allentown for those of you not familiar with the area).

6. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

ahem... MY airport is LVI, and I love it to pieces :)

7. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX

Schuylkill Expressway. 'Nuff said... :wink::biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, flying in and out of KLVI was so pleasant, back when my parents still lived in the Lehigh Valley...except that it was impossible to get a direct flight from my home airport. Flying non-stop to EWR and driving to Bethlehem was just as fast, if not faster. The brain damage quotient of driving I-78 tips the scales, though, in LVI's favor. :smile:

8. JohnQ

JohnQ Active Member

Yup, lived in Valley Forge and worked 1/2 mile from KOP mall. No offense to the Philly guys but I'm glad my stint there was only 2 years. Good place for the store, though, and glad to see it's opening.

9. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

I received the invite also, would love to go but need a Supercharger to get there!

10. SouthJerseyJon

I live about 50 miles away and did not receive the invite....guess since I am live in NJ I am not welcome in PA.

11. TJK

TJK Member

I'll be there!

12. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Go for me :) I'll be outta town.

13. TJK

TJK Member

So who's going?!

14. Electric1

Electric1 Member

I'll be there!

15. k9sbyte

k9sbyte New Member

How do I go about getting an RSVP? I live 10 minutes from the Mall

16. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

#16 yobigd20, May 14, 2013
    Last edited: May 14, 2013
    yeah Norristown is my service center and even picked the car up from there right around the corner from King of Prussia, but I didn't get this invite :(

- - - Updated - - -

all kinds. roads dont make any sense around these parts. many of them are not even completed. the ones that are, certainly aren't maintained. i'm guessing that the road engineer job requirements around here aren't much more than 'do you know your own name?'. either that or they're allowed to drink on the job. you should see what's across the bridge around me. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jughandle

I seriously think they have a game where you gain max points for confusing the hell out of people and designing this intersections that nobody can understand. Bonus points awarded for making going left impossible to figure out. they do things like putting jughandles all over the place (thus forcing you to cross 2 lights instead of 1). or just plain old just not make it possible to turn certain ways and only put the jughandles at 2 or 3 points and put 'no left turn' on the other ones so you can't go where you want to go. you have to go a mile in the other direction and make u-turn's or 3 jughandles in a row at lights to go the direction that you originally wanted to b/c the engineers 'left that turn out'. it's probably better than I have the Model S now because I would get so frustrated in my old SUV (range rover) that I'd just make illegal u-turns in the middle of roads and drive straight across the dividers/medians to get where I wanted to go.