Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla store sent me the wrong part, can't get in touch with anybody there.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I ordered a UMC online from the Tesla store. I received the European version of the UMC. I've called and left multiple messages (nobody picked up the phone). It's been about 5 days. No response. I wonder if I go into the store myself, would they do the exchange? I live 2.5 hours away from the nearest one.
Thanks,

Darren, I have the same problem. Received a generation 2 UMC from the online store with the European/Chinese version of the plug. I just sent an email to the online store. I am not hopeful. Will check with the local service center, although they did have one in stock when I wanted to buy it. Will let you know what I find out.

Reactions: Darren Donovan
Update: Called Fremont to leave more messages on the machine, never got to talk to a live human. Also sent 2 more emails.

I then called around a few other locations to inquire about possibly bringing in my European UMC and exchange for the US version. They all said no, gotta deal directly with Fremont.

At this time, I really don't know what to do. Tesla has been totally nonresponsive. I suppose when they're overwhelmed with people with Tesla vehicles, my issue with the UMC is not very high on the list. I might have to resort to disputing the charge with my credit card company.

And the credit card dispute resulted in money returned for me but never a response from the online store or the merchandise that I wanted.

I'm now on Day 3 after filling out the Return Form from the FAQ list. I'm afraid I'm heading down the same route as you, CC refund, but no correct UMC sent. BTW, did you place a re-order for the correct part that you originally wanted?

I'm now on Day 3 after filling out the Return Form from the FAQ list. I'm afraid I'm heading down the same route as you, CC refund, but no correct UMC sent. BTW, did you place a re-order for the correct part that you originally wanted?
In my first case, I had ordered a chademo adapter and they did respond by email but they incorrectly said that it was defective charging stations and not the adapter. They gave no further response (many, many tries) or recourse to return it after it was debunked and eventually my SC had it in stock and the SC swapped it out for me. On my second item, it was a shirt. I tried every avenue known to mankind to get a response. Many emails, emails through employees,tried backdoor phone calls, left messages on answering systems.I think I exhausted every route including trying to get one at a few SC. So yes, CC route worked. I did order and pay for a different shirt and it was delivered. They now no longer sell polo shirts. So... no golfing for anyone wearing a Tesla T-shirt. It takes a collard shirt to play on a golf course. Someone (suspect subcontractor) is seriously screwing this up for Tesla and Tesla Customers.

Last edited: