TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Store - Unethical Referrals

Discussion in 'Model X' started by K-MTG, Jul 26, 2016.

1. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

I went to the Tesla store yesterday and noticed that both iMac's on the side had someone's referral page as the home page. The name was Anthony. Clearly whoever did that is messing with the program. What are your thoughts?

• Informative x 2
  2. commasign

commasign Active Member

Interesting. At the same time, it would suck to be a new customer and order a car at the store only to discover later that I could have had $1000 off using a referral code. I guess if it's Tesla sanctioned its ok. But if some random person (not affiliated with Tesla) edited the browser's homepage, that would be pretty sneaky.

3. xkwizit

xkwizit Member

Well is Anthony one of the staff or a friend of one of the staff at the store??

4. srini

srini Banned

Got to remember the reason these referrals were started.. It saves Tesla $2000 in selling costs.
    Tesla offering $1,000 referral bounty on Model S sales

5. xkwizit

xkwizit Member

I wouldn't bet much on the $2000 savings for Tesla. Most buyers still visit the store, take test drive and then order through the referral link. So while owners maybe helping people make up their mind but it doesn't save Tesla any money.