TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Store Update: All-Weather Model S Interior Set

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by yobigd20, Jul 1, 2013.

1. mitch672

mitch672 Active Member

Thanks, I ordered a set. Winter in New England will be back in 5-6 months :)
    $19 FedEx shipping + sales tax, just a bit under $200
    Still wish you could pick these up at a service center for no shipping charge.

2. ken830

ken830 Model S (Res#P12,447)

Awesome.. Just picked up the interior set, the trunk set, and the frunk mat.... Glad everything was in stock... Although I live so close to the service center and would rather pick-up, shipping was only $8.56 for FedEx (2 days)...

3. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Finally I can rid myself of those gassy lloyds. Glad they have the "walls" as well

Have you tried asking them to order some for you? I got my rear and front trunk mats ordered and shipped to the SC, then picked up on my next visit.

4. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads-up. Just placed my order (and threw in one of those duffel bags too -- couldn't resist).

They look like WeatherTech mats and seem to be priced at about the point I recall paying for a set for my last car.

5. Colasec

Colasec Member

Ordered just the trunk set. The mats are going to get here before my car does! lol

6. ken830

Mats were delivered today. Boxes feel really light. I'll check the fit tonight.

7. zdre

zdre 40kWh Model S P6415

Any update on the look and fit of the interior mats?

8. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

"Sold Out" :frown:

9. ken830

The fit is very good. Especially the fronts. The Rear is good too, but "tucking" the mat under the four seat rails kinda forces the front lip of the mat to lift up a little between the rails. Also, the carpet anchors were nearly impossible to install... There was an instruction sheet that came with the set. I can scan and post that if any one is interested.

10. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Mine are expected Tuesday. I'll post a review if I have time before heading out to TESLIVE.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you need them? I've used WeatherTech mats in the past and the pan design fits in so snugly that I didn't think anchors were required. Also, I hate the thought of "screwing" the anchor into the car's carpet.

- - - Updated - - -

I figured that would happen and jumped on it right away. I plan to order my winter tires soon too for the same reason.

11. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Active Member

Purchase of these mats should include free installation at a service center if it requires drilling or making any holes to the interior of the vehicle.

12. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Not that they required any installation, but my SC (Norristown PA) was real particular about them doing the "work" of installing the frunk and trunk mats for me. Maybe Tesla drilled into them that they're supposed to white glove any and all that they can.

13. ken830

I didn't want to install them, so I didn't. But when I got in the drivers seat the first time, the mat slid forward. And since my wife and 6-month-old daughter are the primary users of the vehicle, I didn't want to take any chances.

14. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Good to know. I guess it depends on the contours of the floor they're going in to.

My Lloyd's carpet mats also came with those screw-in anchors and I didn't install them either. The Lloyd's mats don't have the typical rubber nubbed backing on them and they do tend to slip forward a bit too. I was going to see if I could rig up some kind of hook or strap from somewhere under the seat to hold them back, but haven't gotten around to it yet.