Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Stores

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There really isn't a stable leadership there. Also they have a history of instability vs state and local governments, which independent lands or No, they need to interact with. The Oneidas have largely overcome their long standing community animosity and are an economic force in the market.

• Informative
Reactions: JRP3
Wow that bites, central NY really needs its own service area.
There are no restrictions on number of *service centers* in the NY law. Only on numbers of stores (and possibly galleries, that's unclear to me).

Tesla could legally open a Syracuse service center tomorrow. Probably best to do it according to the spirit of the law and put up a big "SERVICE ONLY NO SALES NO SHOWROOM" sign at the front entrance just to make it absolutely clear. :) Put the website address on the sign and it would still be highly effective as marketing; passersby would be super curious and would go to the website. :)

Too large an area (geographically) to under serve. Yes population is less, but distances and the winters are long. Winters are bad for cars. Spent many a winters there in my youth. Could also provide service for central/northern PA along the 81 corridor. Similar rules in PA? Maybe Scranton or Wilkes-Barre... just speculating. Good Luck!
Scranton would be tolerable for those of us further south, but no good for people along the Erie Canal or further north. Syracuse is probably the top priority because it's centrally located and can serve people from all directions in NY, even the North Country.

The Great Lakes and the Canadian border make it a problem to locate across the border to the north. Given the restriction to 5 stores in NY, it would actually be wise for Tesla to have *zero* stores in New York City, since New Jersey and Connecticut are close enough for the NYC market, but nothing outside the state is close enough for Syracuse. (I realize Connecticut is a legal problem too. So maybe 1 store in Long Island and 1 in Westchester near the Connecticut border, plus stores in Rhode Island and Massachusetts and Vermont near the borders of CT and NY. And a big store in New Jersey next to the Hudson River, perhaps in Hoboken. Still leaves room for 3 stores in upstate NY which is about right: Albany, Syracuse, Buffalo.)

Reactions: GoTslaGo
I noticed that the Tesla branded store online is no longer there. Is it possible that there will be a rebranding for the Telsa/Solar City merger with new products to come??

Edit.... I noticed that I am being routed to the EU site. Apparently they are having server issues.

I noticed that the Tesla branded store online is no longer there. Is it possible that there will be a rebranding for the Telsa/Solar City merger with new products to come??

Edit.... I noticed that I am being routed to the EU site. Apparently they are having server issues.
Did you check to make sure you have the correct country selected at the bottom of the screen? I confirmed the store is still up and working for me.

• Funny
Reactions: Amit519
What a first post. Did you just fall off the turnip truck?
You don't have to be nasty about it.

To @sophiewilson01, his sarcasm is because the reveal of the Semi and new Roadster were last November. And there were a lot of articles speculating about Tesla going bankrupt, so many that Elon tweeted an April Fool's joke about it. No, not going bankwupt in the near future. (Or the far future in my opinion.)

• Helpful
Reactions: mblakele
There are no restrictions on number of *service centers* in the NY law. Only on numbers of stores (and possibly galleries, that's unclear to me).

Tesla could legally open a Syracuse service center tomorrow. Probably best to do it according to the spirit of the law and put up a big "SERVICE ONLY NO SALES NO SHOWROOM" sign at the front entrance just to make it absolutely clear. :) Put the website address on the sign and it would still be highly effective as marketing; passersby would be super curious and would go to the website. :)

Scranton would be tolerable for those of us further south, but no good for people along the Erie Canal or further north. Syracuse is probably the top priority because it's centrally located and can serve people from all directions in NY, even the North Country.

The Great Lakes and the Canadian border make it a problem to locate across the border to the north. Given the restriction to 5 stores in NY, it would actually be wise for Tesla to have *zero* stores in New York City, since New Jersey and Connecticut are close enough for the NYC market, but nothing outside the state is close enough for Syracuse. (I realize Connecticut is a legal problem too. So maybe 1 store in Long Island and 1 in Westchester near the Connecticut border, plus stores in Rhode Island and Massachusetts and Vermont near the borders of CT and NY. And a big store in New Jersey next to the Hudson River, perhaps in Hoboken. Still leaves room for 3 stores in upstate NY which is about right: Albany, Syracuse, Buffalo.)
How about Rochester? I had to drive to Mount Kisco to pick up my Model 3. We need more Road Service but we really need a Service Center. I vote for Rochester as it is between both Buffalo and Syracuse. I have writen my State Senator Rich Funke but the Car Dealers Association is too powerful. I have also written to the Democrat and Chronicle letters to the editor trying to get the law changed to allow Tesla to compete on an equal footing.

• Disagree
Reactions: alcibiades and JRP3
Heh. So there are basically going to be no more stores, though they left open a window for the most-high-traffic locations to have galleries.

Makes sense for now, given the huge waitlist. Sales staff aren't a good investment when your product is selling faster than you can manufacture it.

• Disagree
Reactions: TrevTremaine