TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Stores

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by doug, Jun 30, 2010.

Tags:
  1. NedBevFan

NedBevFan Member

There really isn't a stable leadership there. Also they have a history of instability vs state and local governments, which independent lands or No, they need to interact with. The Oneidas have largely overcome their long standing community animosity and are an economic force in the market.

• Informative x 1
  2. disagree

disagree hos epi to polu

Where do we talk about how poor their sales teams are? :mad:

3. neroden

neroden Happy Model S Owner

There are no restrictions on number of *service centers* in the NY law. Only on numbers of stores (and possibly galleries, that's unclear to me).

Tesla could legally open a Syracuse service center tomorrow. Probably best to do it according to the spirit of the law and put up a big "SERVICE ONLY NO SALES NO SHOWROOM" sign at the front entrance just to make it absolutely clear. :) Put the website address on the sign and it would still be highly effective as marketing; passersby would be super curious and would go to the website. :)

Scranton would be tolerable for those of us further south, but no good for people along the Erie Canal or further north. Syracuse is probably the top priority because it's centrally located and can serve people from all directions in NY, even the North Country.

The Great Lakes and the Canadian border make it a problem to locate across the border to the north. Given the restriction to 5 stores in NY, it would actually be wise for Tesla to have *zero* stores in New York City, since New Jersey and Connecticut are close enough for the NYC market, but nothing outside the state is close enough for Syracuse. (I realize Connecticut is a legal problem too. So maybe 1 store in Long Island and 1 in Westchester near the Connecticut border, plus stores in Rhode Island and Massachusetts and Vermont near the borders of CT and NY. And a big store in New Jersey next to the Hudson River, perhaps in Hoboken. Still leaves room for 3 stores in upstate NY which is about right: Albany, Syracuse, Buffalo.)

• Like x 1
  4. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member

I noticed that the Tesla branded store online is no longer there. Is it possible that there will be a rebranding for the Telsa/Solar City merger with new products to come??

Edit.... I noticed that I am being routed to the EU site. Apparently they are having server issues.

5. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2018.21.9

Did you check to make sure you have the correct country selected at the bottom of the screen? I confirmed the store is still up and working for me.

6. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member

Yep, now working correctly

7. alfmatsenius

alfmatsenius Member

I agree guys.

8. RoseyTheRose

RoseyTheRose New Member

Good question. I'm having tremendous difficulty communicating (getting a reply) from a store manager. How do I go over his head?

9. sophiewilson01

sophiewilson01 New Member

Tesla Reveals Their New Electric Truck… And An Extra Surprise

Tesla has just revealed their eagerly awaited new electric truck. The Tesla Semi is due to start production in 2019 with CEO Elon Musk suggesting that “it’s not like any truck that you’ve ever driven.”

And I have read some article that Tesla filed bankruptcy.

• Funny x 1
  10. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

What a first post. Did you just fall off the turnip truck?

• Funny x 1
  11. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

You don't have to be nasty about it.

To @sophiewilson01, his sarcasm is because the reveal of the Semi and new Roadster were last November. And there were a lot of articles speculating about Tesla going bankrupt, so many that Elon tweeted an April Fool's joke about it. No, not going bankwupt in the near future. (Or the far future in my opinion.)

• Helpful x 1
  12. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

Posting outdated information and misinformation as a first post rather invites it. I considered reporting it as spam and a likely troll account. We shall see...

13. Chickenlittle

Chickenlittle Active Member

Get a ladder

14. Barry F

Barry F Supporting Member

If anyone cares, Leesburg, VA is going to get a store soon. Maybe a second career?