Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla string inverter has coolant leaking on the day-1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One week after finishing the solar roof installation, the installation of my two PW+ was completed and commissioned today. Only few hours later, I saw the blue coolant leaking from the solar string inverter and the inverter got hotter.

Now I have been very concerning about the quality of the Tesla solar string inverter since it gets issue on its day-1 work. Is this inverter coolant leaking issue common?

I hope Tesla can come to fix this issue as soon as possible.

Attachments

• IMG_20221019_184857.png
    IMG_20221019_184857.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 151
One week after finishing the solar roof installation, the installation of my two PW+ was completed and commissioned today. Only few hours later, I saw the blue coolant leaking from the solar string inverter and the inverter got hotter.

Now I have been very concerning about the quality of the Tesla solar string inverter since it gets issue on its day-1 work. Is this inverter coolant leaking issue common?

I hope Tesla can come to fix this issue as soon as possible.
I think I've seen a few posts over the last 1.5 years with people having coolant leaks. Judging by that I wouldn't say it's common but it does happen. IIRC they were all relatively new installs.

I think there has been slightly more posts by people how have had low coolant levels causing inverter issues which required Tesla to come out and top it off.

For a single data point I have had two Tesla inverter for a year with no issues to date.

Hope you are able to get Tesla out to remedy the issue in a reasonable amount of time.