Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla substitute car deductible 2500e?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was about to drop off my M3 for maintenance and had even manage to get a substitute car since the repair would will take several days. Just when I was about to sign the papers for the substitute car I was informed that the deductible/excess is 2500e = no matter who is at fault, if something happens to the car I will have to pay for repairs up to this sum. This came unexpected since the last time I used a substitute car no-one bothered to share this detail with me.

Obviously 2500e is a lot of money to lose if someone slams into your rear at traffic lights or if someone decides to mutilate your substitute car with a sledge hammer. Is there any way around this? Whenever I rent cars abroad with high deductible, I always purchase 3rd party zero excess insurance. Would this help in this situation, since technically I'm not renting a car? Any other ideas to avoid risking 2500e? My car insurance does only cover my own car, the one being fixed.

My maintanance is only tomorrow, so I still have time to figure out what to do.

Last edited: