Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla sued under Wisconsin Lemon Law

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
regarding the alleged tampering with the fuse in the frunk -- I quote from the blog rebuttal "...determined that the car's front trunk had been opened immediately before the fuse failure Anybody find it interesting that Model S phones home to report or record this kind of data?

regarding the alleged tampering with the fuse in the frunk -- I quote from the blog rebuttal "...determined that the car's front trunk had been opened immediately before the fuse failure Anybody find it interesting that Model S phones home to report or record this kind of data?

I doubt it phones home over something like this but when the car is in service and Tesla is trying to figure out why a reported problem is happening they have access to those logs (just my guess though).

I totally agree this should not turn into a witch hunt. He must have his reasons and I totally disagree with the way his lawyer has gone about the case as it's clear that he only cares about publicity for himself and would have been better off just talking with Tesla or their lawyers instead of bringing this out to the public (and not to mention bringing Dr. Montgomery to the public light).

That said, I think this is proof below that it is indeed montgom626 as I can't imagine why he's be watching this forum and not saying anything. I would like to hear his side of the story because I'm sure there are legitimate reasons why he chose to take this path.

View attachment 46917

yes, witch hunt is a bit strong, but we definitely need answers from this guy because of how public his lawyer made this case. I may know some news and paper reporters in the area who I think would be interested in taking on this Tesla soap opera story...if we don't get answers in the next couple days from the Dr. I'll see if they can dig anything up, perhaps they could try asking him face to face even on camera.

If Menga hadn't produced such a horrible video and just felt directly with Tesla then there might not be this level of attention.

What's also troubling is that the attorney should have a legal obligation to keep his work on the client's case confidential. Broadcasting this stuff over YouTube could have been illegal.

If the Model S owner in question approved this video for public release, it doesn't reflect very well on either of them.

What's also troubling is that the attorney should have a legal obligation to keep his work on the client's case confidential. Broadcasting this stuff over YouTube could have been illegal.

If the Model S owner in question approved this video for public release, it doesn't reflect very well on either of them.

yes, by the time this investigation all ends I could see someone going to jail potentially if there is collusion and even potentially securities fraud involved (ie. They could be short, own puts, or have a close friend or family member or offshore account that is short or holds puts thinking the stock might tank like it did from the first fire video)...SEC and FBI take this stuff very seriously these days, especially after the Michael Lewis book they would love to assert themselves and make an example to the public that they do actually stop some bad guys...let the investigation begin...

I was told that the car logs huge amounts of data locally. Pretty much everything you can imagine. If you have a problem, or if Tesla desires, they can pull the logs.

For example, they could see when one of my mirrors would fail to unfold, but in order to find it in all that data I needed to give them an approximate time.

Interestingly, parking sensor status requires physical access to the car, so there are some systems that aren't logged.

Still, I'm sure the fact that the car essentially tattled on him was surprising. I bet his Volvo didn't do that!

Great catch by "TechGuy" in the comments to the blog article:
Yeah, that part of the video is real interesting. If he doesn't have the tech package or the key fob is too far away from the car, then the car can still be unlocked by pressing the roof on the key fob, right? The flashing taillights definitely makes it look like someone else hits the unlock on the key fob as the lawyer tries the handle for the 3rd time.

must endorse the warning of witch hunt here.

Technical discussions in this board sometimes refer the "armchair engineer" which is OK in my case :rolleyes: but here I get the notion of armchair state attorneys in action.

montgom626 has every right to view this thread since he was called out here. He might be Dr. Montgomery but this is no proof.
Tesla's blog post mentions the history of blown fuses and frunk openings, then mentions tampering. Conclusions are left to the reader and already someone calls "fraud".

While this might all turn out to be true, the presumption of innocence is to be kept.
But we here are a discussion forum not a jury in a civil chamber. We don't have all the evidence, nor the mandate to investigate into it.

So let's please not injure a life of a real person, how doubtful his actions might appear.

For the lawyer, well he chose to do this.

I have a similar problem with my door handles. Tesla couldn't reproduce it at the SC and it's readily repeatable at my home, so they literally sent a team to my apartment to figure it out (which is amazing service in itself, to be honest). They believe it's caused by RF interference

I never heard of this fault before. It's good to see tesla working to fix them, even if they are small isolated issues.
The only fixes we really hear about are the ones that catch fire.

VolkerP - perhaps in Germany, you have a justice system that actually serves society. Here in the US we have a legal system that serves lawyers. When I see evidence of a lawyer abusing the system to extort money through fraudulent means, I get very upset indeed.

I think it is reasonable to assume montgom626
View Profile: montgom626 - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

... is in fact Dr. Robert Montgomery.
Just by probability.
1) Number of Tesla owners is still quite small.
2) Number of Tesla owners registered on this blog is a fraction of that small number.
3) Intersect with people named Montgomery, even smaller.
4) And living in Wisconsin, the 20th most populous state.
5) And the fact that montgom626 will not deny this assumption of identity, even though montgom626 has posted on tmc 4 times since the question was posed.

This does not mean we can assume guilt, as Dr. Montgomery may be under legal advice NOT to disclose any involvement.
However, it is safe to assume his identity here... just by shear probability and the fact that if montgom626 is not Dr. Montomery... it would be too easy to deny this.

> Tesla service applied non-tamper tape to the fuse switch. From that point on, the fuse performed flawlessly. [blog]

To clarify:

1. I think what they mean here is they put tamper-proof tape on the FUSE COVER denying further access to the fuses.

2. Re: Non-auto-presenting door handles: You only need to press lightly on door handle, and it will present. If car is LOCKED key must be in pocket (or nearby) but no need to touch key.

This entire scenario could happen to any upstanding TMC member; we are powerless against the forces from the Dark Side.
--