Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Sues Ontario Government

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
unreal how others receive rebates but not Tesla. The comments below the article are full of hate.
Yeah lots of hate in the comments, I think a lot of commenters didn’t read the article. I was under the impression that the Cap&Trade paid for the EV program and not the taxpayers. I ordered my 3D with no rebate in NB, it,s still a good investment if there ever was such a thing when it comes to autos. I spend $300 in gas a month and my insurance premiums will drop. My EV rebate is called TSLA stock, I sold my shares last week and will buy again if price drops below $320.

Reactions: Blu Angel
I was under the impression that the Cap&Trade paid for the EV program and not the taxpayers.

CorrectoMundo!!

The Wynne EV Rebate program was fully paid for by the polluting industries!
$300 million dollars collected to re-distribute to various environmental initiatives:

Solar home panels, eco thermostats, cycling infrastructure, EV vehicles (under $75,000),
Geothermal heat pumps and other programs.

Perhaps, someone here has better incite into what other environmental initiatives were included.

"Buck a Beer" Premier will be wallowing in his beer tears once this goes through the Provincial Court
and this costs the Ontario taxpayers BIG!

You can read Tesla's arguments here: Tesla sues ONtario

Some interesting tidbits...

* Tesla employs 170+ people in Ontario
* "hundreds of Tesla Canada's Ontario customers" affected

Tesla indirectly helps employ tens of thousands in Southern Ontario through our integrated auto supply chain. My company's networking modules are spec'd by Tesla - so all OEMs that got the projects to build the Model 3 line got huge contracts and had to buy our stuff and build the machines that assemble the car.

The average Ontarian does not know this, nor is it in any of the new stories.

Going to lose.
The policy has the excuse that they need to give dealers time to clear inventory, while direct sales have a shorter path to the customer.
That they mentioned Tesla is because they're basically the only direct sales company.

If you think the entire argument is hinged on this leap I think you need to go back and carefully read the claim. As an excuse, it would at best be a mitigating factor and in this case, arguably very minor to irrelevant.

Did anyone watch this gem yet? He is so misinformed, it hurts.

Doug Ford in Hamilton - CHCH
Now, i'm on the side that thinks the rebate in Ontario is too high and needs to be lowered (not removed) so more people can take advantage of the rebate but holy shite, this guy is an out of touch moron. I feel sorry for you guys in Ontario having Trump Jr as your Premier.

Now, i'm on the side that thinks the rebate in Ontario is too high and needs to be lowered (not removed) so more people can take advantage of the rebate but holy shite, this guy is an out of touch moron. I feel sorry for you guys in Ontario having Trump Jr as your Premier.

Yeah... this is why I'm so pessimistic about politics lately. I understand ppl want change, and I understand governments need to be periodically changed for the health of the democracy. But please, why can people not be the slightest bit educated on what that change actually is?