TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Summon Feature Will Pick you Up in the Rain

Discussion in 'Video' started by fiksegts, Jan 12, 2016.

1. fiksegts

fiksegts Active Member

#1 fiksegts, Jan 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
  2. Electric700

Electric700 Member

Wow, I love it!

3. Kbra

Kbra Member

Kinda looks like you had to go out into the rain, possibly maneuver out of your parking spot (since thats not shown), get out, pull out your phone and signal summons, then start walking back to the hotel (while in the rain), then wait for a while.

4. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this just a slightly modified use of the "summon from garage" behavior? Accordingly, the car must be within 39 feet and driving in essentially a straight line to reach the destination, correct?

IOW, am I correct that this wouldn't work if the car were halfway down a row of spaces and needed to make any kind of turn to reach the destination?

5. 1208

1208 Active Member

Great vid, thanks for sharing.

6. Racerx22b

Racerx22b Member

Correct. Hence why he added the "kind of". It's tongue in cheek (my opinion of the post).

I have "summoned" my car several times this week while approaching it in a regular strip mall type parking lot. It really blows peoples minds. As you approach vehicle activate the feature and the car pulls out of spot for you (be aware of traffic/pedestrians of course) and stop the car once clear of parking spot and proceed to drivers door and enter vehicle and drive away. People just watch and scratch their head as in "how the F did he just do that". I've gotten to the point where I can time it perfectly and not even break my stride. It's kind of a dumb feature but I find it to be the one that really is a "WOW" factor. People are impressed with autopilot but until they are in the car to experience it they just are kind of "Yeah, that's cool. Don't other cars do that as well?" They basically think it's just TACC.

But when the freakin car pulls out or parks itself and opens/closes the garage..... MIND BLOWN!

7. DougH

DougH Active Member

I am way too impatient for that.

8. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

It rains in Florida?

9. DougH

DougH Active Member

Really?, its one of the rainiest states.

10. LetsGoFast

LetsGoFast Active Member

I suppose if you were really patient, you could summon it multiple times to overcome the 39 foot limitation. Turns are still going to be an issue.

11. Ocelot

Ocelot Member

I am way to impatient to be driving behind that!

12. brucet999

brucet999 Active Member

In the spirit of "kinda", all you have to do is place traffic cones along the route to force the car to turn. :)