Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - El Dorado Hills, CA (LIVE 6 Oct 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like a SC station is building, 95762, Riley’s parking lot next to Freeway 50. But it does not show in Tesla map.

We are with PG&E and electricity price averages 40 cents. No idea why since Palladio mall in Folsom next to us has a 16 charger station and price is 26 cenuts per kWh, which is cheaper than our residential price.

Attachments

• 92ed3e5bdae5fb2f89df0dc12e6fc3bb.jpeg
    92ed3e5bdae5fb2f89df0dc12e6fc3bb.jpeg
    955.6 KB · Views: 303
  • a180cb4d92f3de4a73ca555561526142.jpeg
    a180cb4d92f3de4a73ca555561526142.jpeg
    550.9 KB · Views: 143
Looks like a SC station is building, 95762, Riley’s parking lot next to Freeway 50. But it does not show in Tesla map.

We are with PG&E and electricity price averages 40 cents. No idea why since Palladio mall in Folsom next to us has a 16 charger station and price is 26 cenuts per kWh, which is cheaper than our residential price.

If you're referring to Tesla's "Find Us" map, it's not necessarily a reliable indicator of Superchargers under construction. It looks like you might have found an example of this, congratulations!

So it looks like this site is in the parking lot of the Raleys that is located at 3935 Park Dr, El Dorado Hills, CA 95762, is that the right location? Any idea how many charging stalls (I see at least 11 in your second photo)?

Bruce.

PS. Superchargers pay for energy using commercial electricity rates, which can be different from residential electricity rates. I'm not familiar with the pricing at the Folsom (Palladio Parkway) Supercharger, but it's certainly possible for the pricing to be different that what you might pay at various times of the day or days of the week.

Reactions: PStewart
If you're referring to Tesla's "Find Us" map, it's not necessarily a reliable indicator of Superchargers under construction. It looks like you might have found an example of this, congratulations!

So it looks like this site is in the parking lot of the Raleys that is located at 3935 Park Dr, El Dorado Hills, CA 95762, is that the right location? Any idea how many charging stalls (I see at least 11 in your second photo)?

Bruce.

PS. Superchargers pay for energy using commercial electricity rates, which can be different from residential electricity rates. I'm not familiar with the pricing at the Folsom (Palladio Parkway) Supercharger, but it's certainly possible for the pricing to be different that what you might pay at various times of the day or days of the week.
Bruce, the City of Folsom has its own municipal electric utility. Folsom Lake and Dam are adjacent to the city, and the hydro power from Folsom Dam generates about 690,000,000 kWh annually. That power does not have to travel very far to electrify the city. In addition, still adjacent to the city, is Nimbus Dam which generates a fraction of Folsom Dam, but still plenty of hydro power.

• Informative
Reactions: bmah
Yes that's the right location. Whether the commercial rate in El Dorado Hills is (much) lower I am not sure, it still needs to be delivered to there.

Reactions: bmah
Bruce, the City of Folsom has its own municipal electric utility. Folsom Lake and Dam are adjacent to the city, and the hydro power from Folsom Dam generates about 690,000,000 kWh annually. That power does not have to travel very far to electrify the city. In addition, still adjacent to the city, is Nimbus Dam which generates a fraction of Folsom Dam, but still plenty of hydro power.
El Dorado Hills uses notorious PG&E while Folsom is with SMUD.

But I don't think Folsom Lake is the reason. PG&E price is just ridiculous high, it is investors owned company, so its price is 2-3x of national average while SMUD price is almost same as national average.

Any idea how many charging stalls (I see at least 11 in your second photo)?
Somehow I cannot edit my post. Forgot to mention that my neighbor took the picture. I will go there to find out.

When he told me a while ago that construction guys were digging the ground with some Tesla packages there that should be super charge station, I told him it could not be as it is not in Tesla find me map with grey future mark. Apparently I was wrong.

Thanks for the clarification, Icen Folsom.

I do recall that PG&E and SMUD had a nasty legal battle that lasted many many years before PG&E exhausted all their appeals and ultimately lost. Most of the battle had to do with valuation of the assets that SMUD was purchasing, if I remember correctly.

There are instances about where municipalities with their own electric utilities secure some of their power from dams that are built on or adjacent to their communities or control (Shasta Dam/Redding; six or so smaller creeks in the Eastern Sierra/LADWP; irrigation districts here in the Valley that receive power from impoundments on the Tuolumne and Stanislaus Rivers).

Anyway, I posited that Folsom had followed suit in this regard since Folsom Dam is so close to the city.

Very slow, no progress
Not quite accurate. The site is completed, all pedestals and cabinets installed, repaving and parking lot striping completed. Just waiting on transformer installation. This site is a bit different in that the transformer is being installed a couple hundred feet away from the cabinets and switchboard, behind the Bark Avenue. Will require some significant trenching through the parking lot, most likely to be performed at night.

Checked the site this morning and the transformer has been installed. There is still quite a bit of pavement restoration to be done where they trenched from the transformer pad to the cabinets. Once that's done, I'm guessing it won't be long before it's turned on.

El Dorado Hills uses notorious PG&E while Folsom is with SMUD.

But I don't think Folsom Lake is the reason. PG&E price is just ridiculous high, it is investors owned company, so its price is 2-3x of national average while SMUD price is almost same as national average.
My daughter is the manager of the rates department at SMUD. She finds the rates for PG&E to be ridiculous.