Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger - Acworth GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Typical sequence is:
- site goes live, owners confirm
- site appears in Tesla's in-car nav
- site appears on Tesla website
- site appears in Tesla's private data feed (RSS or something like that) that Plugshare Inc. uses for official word of stations
- site listing is allowed to appear publicly on Plugshare

All that typically takes a week or two, so this one is right on schedule. Fortunately, the station does actually work the whole time, it's just that the data systems haven't caught up yet.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
There's a ton. I personally love the Mexican restaurant La Bamba, it's right next to Publix.
upload_2019-8-31_15-59-19.png

Opened 2 weeks ago (Aug 18). In my car's nav, but not on the tesla.com map and not on plugshare. Sure would be nice to get checkin reports on plugshare (I know there are some here).

I know plugshare is a private outfit, they can add plugs at their leisure (I've added some J1772s, but would like to be able to add this supercharger). But tesla.com? Should have been there immediately.

Traveling through Monday, I'm so glad this one is open. It was a (minor) pain driving downtown to get a charge when coming from Florida headed for Chattanooga.

Opened 2 weeks ago (Aug 18). In my car's nav, but not on the tesla.com map and not on plugshare. Sure would be nice to get checkin reports on plugshare (I know there are some here).

I know plugshare is a private outfit, they can add plugs at their leisure (I've added some J1772s, but would like to be able to add this supercharger). But tesla.com? Should have been there immediately.

Traveling through Monday, I'm so glad this one is open. It was a (minor) pain driving downtown to get a charge when coming from Florida headed for Chattanooga.

@ChrisC explains it best in his description at the location. It’s listed as “Publix (Coming Soon)” on PlugShare. Open your filters for Restricted locations and wall outlets. You will find checkins at the location
8AF0B670-1963-4C47-A1E0-D733D944B4B2.png

@ChrisC explains it best in his description at the location. It’s listed as “Publix (Coming Soon)” on PlugShare. Open your filters for Restricted locations and wall outlets. You will find checkins at the location View attachment 451673

Excellent! I also had to enable the “coming soon” filter to have it show up (along with wall and restricted location). I’ll be glad when it is updated to reflect the 2 week old reality...thanks!

I also explained it here two weeks ago:

Typical sequence is:
- site goes live, owners confirm
- site appears in Tesla's in-car nav
- site appears on Tesla website
- site appears in Tesla's private data feed (RSS or something like that) that Plugshare Inc. uses for official word of stations
- site listing is allowed to appear publicly on Plugshare

All that typically takes a week or two, so this one is right on schedule. Fortunately, the station does actually work the whole time, it's just that the data systems haven't caught up yet.

I gave Plugshare a poke about this a few days ago, but it looks like they are sitting tight until the station is officially listed by Tesla.

People who don't know about the hidden listing, or the policy above, have been adding the stations to Plugshare, and Plugshare has been deleting them. They are holding firm to policy. Honestly this happens with every. single. new. Supercharger site, and Ive learned that we just have to be patient.

Fortunately the site construction completed, it works, and it appears in in-car nav. That's more than we can say about Lithonia...

The Tesla.com map is pretty irrelevant and can be downright misleading. Its really there for marketing purposes IMHO.
Having it in the Navigator is the most critical, though it would be nice if there was a background update to Tesla.com

supercharge.info showed on Aug 19th that is was open. And they have a cross update with abetterrouteplanner.com

Reactions: SigNC
The Tesla.com map is pretty irrelevant and can be downright misleading. Its really there for marketing purposes IMHO.
Having it in the Navigator is the most critical, though it would be nice if there was a background update to Tesla.com

I’d say not irrelevant if is a required step before PlugShare. It’s also not on evtripplanner yet. We’re all fine here, just two major apps are slow to catch on. Supercharger.info always seems the leader in current info.

Maybe I’m too impatient, it has been just 2 weeks. I’m sure it will appear “soon.”

I also explained it here two weeks ago:

I gave Plugshare a poke about this a few days ago, but it looks like they are sitting tight until the station is officially listed by Tesla.

People who don't know about the hidden listing, or the policy above, have been adding the stations to Plugshare, and Plugshare has been deleting them. They are holding firm to policy. Honestly this happens with every. single. new. Supercharger site, and Ive learned that we just have to be patient.

It's likely not a "policy" decision (I can't say for sure though because I'm not familiar with the inner workings), but rather a simple data feed issue. Networked charging stations (EVgo, Chargepoint, Electrify America, and Tesla) all feed their charging station data to plugshare (or more likely plugshare pulls it). If people and go and add one manually (and note, it will not let you add a Supercharger manually, you have to add it as an inaccurate regular Tesla (destination) plug), you will end up with a redundant entry. For that reason, many (and I've done this myself) will submit a report to plugshare to delete the incorrect "coming soon" entry so that it doesn't result in a confusing multiple entry. Maybe plugshare is also deleting some of these on their own, but I'm willing to bet that it's mostly crowd-sourcing users that are submitting requests to delete them.

As you said, everyone just needs to be patient. It will get there sooner or later.

Looking for feedback from owners who have used these chargers. I have an X90D with 58,000 miles and most of these miles are on the interstate. I have charged here 3 times in the last 30 days. Each time my SOC was around 35% charging to between 60-80%. Each time the steady state charging kWh has been around 70 kWh. Other superchargers in my intercontinental travel averages in the upper 80 to lower 90 kWh. Has anyone else experience lower than expected charging rate?

Last edited:
Looking for feedback from owners who have used these chargers. I have an X90D with 58,000 miles and most of these miles are on the interstate. I have charged here 3 times in the last 30 days. Each time my SOC was around 35% charging to between 60-80%. Each time the steady state charging kWh has been around 70 kWh. Other superchargers in my intercontinental travel averages in the upper 80 to lower 90 kWh. Has anyone else experience lower than expected charging rate?

I was there on Sat, from 30% to 90% took 35 min. I got 140kw

Attachments

• IMG_20190914_132732_378.jpg
    IMG_20190914_132732_378.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 48
I performed an experiment last night. I sampled each of the numbered pedestal (either A or B). No other cars were charging. I started with a SOC of about 40% (105mi of 259mi). I found that initial kW went to 92kW in all of the pedestals, but on pedestal 1, 3, 4, & 5 the kW quickly decreased to about 70kW within one minute and then stabilized for the continued charging and decreased as normal over the next few minutes. However, on pedestal 2 and 5, the initial energy remained at 92-94 kW before decreasing as normal as the battery charged similar to all other chargers I have used across the US and Canada.

• Disagree
Reactions: nogajim
I called Tesla tech support early this morning to report the issue with charger 1, 3, 4, & 5. The tech support center in Montreal, Canada answered. They said the Acworth SCs don't exist and could not help because it is not on the Tesla website (Tesla.com/findus) or Plugshare. I asked them to go to supercharge.info, and they surprised to see the number of chargers that were recently opened including Acworth, status of chargers under construction and chargers that have approved permits. They were going to inquire why the Tesla website is not up to date. Acworth has been online over 30 days.

I charged at Atlantic station tonight with about the same SOC of 43% and the power started at 92kW. Power decreased as expected as SOC increased. I took screen shots at approximate similar SOC at both Atlantic station and Acworth. Acworth charger at #2 and #5 acted similar to the Atlantic station. Picture with the lower power summarizes Acworth #1, 3, 4, &5. Higher power level is Atlantic Station similar to Acworth #2&5.
20190918_194257_resized.jpg
20190920_201243_resized.jpg

• Love
Reactions: MarcoRP and nogajim