Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger - Acworth GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called Tesla tech support early this morning to report the issue with charger 1, 3, 4, & 5. The tech support center in Montreal, Canada answered. They said the Acworth SCs don't exist and could not help because it is not on the Tesla website (Tesla.com/findus) or Plugshare. I asked them to go to supercharge.info, and they surprised to see the number of chargers that were recently opened including Acworth, status of chargers under construction and chargers that have approved permits. They were going to inquire why the Tesla website is not up to date. Acworth has been online over 30 days.

I charged at Atlantic station tonight with about the same SOC of 43% and the power started at 92kW. Power decreased as expected as SOC increased. I took screen shots at approximate similar SOC at both Atlantic station and Acworth. Acworth charger at #2 and #5 acted similar to the Atlantic station. Picture with the lower power summarizes Acworth #1, 3, 4, &5. Higher power level is Atlantic Station similar to Acworth #2&5.View attachment 457292 View attachment 457293

YES YES YES YES YES!!! That would be an excellent move. There are SO many SCs which have been open for such a long time yet Tesla hasn’t updated their with those locations yet. I hope they actually do it, or maybe I’ll give them an earful some time from now.

Well, I logged into Plugshare and manually entered the description for 12 Tesla Superchargers. However, it only shows one station, then found out that only Plugshare manager can enter the Superchargers. See how long it takes for Plugshare to update their website.

Dont bother trying anything further with Plugshare. Tesla has to list it properly first.

Repeating:

Typical sequence is:
- site goes live, owners confirm
- site appears in Tesla's in-car nav
- site appears on Tesla website
- site appears in Tesla's private data feed (RSS or something like that) that Plugshare Inc. uses for official word of stations
- site listing is allowed to appear publicly on Plugshare

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
My suspicious has been validated. I arrived today with 104 miles, plugged into 5A and kW ramped up to 94kW and stayed there until around 140 miles. A fairly new X100D (4 month old) pulled up to pedestal 3B with 46 miles. I asked the driver to check his kW after charging stabilized. The energy input was 70kW similar to what I received in the past with charger 1, 3, 4,& 6. He said his normal input should be around 115kW.

Just a thought but Cumberland might be better served with some Urban SC at The Battery.

I'm not against Superchargers (of any variety, urban or otherwise) at The Battery, but to be perfectly honest a location like that should be flooded with level 2 chargers (and there are some there, just not enough IMO). It's not a destination where you're going to go for 45 minutes or an hour. You're going down there for a concert or a ballgame, you're going to be there for multiple hours. I got to charge while I was at a baseball game because they have Chargepoint in some of the decks close to SunTrust Park, and it was great. I hope they add more

I also explained it here two weeks ago:

I gave Plugshare a poke about this a few days ago, but it looks like they are sitting tight until the station is officially listed by Tesla.

People who don't know about the hidden listing, or the policy above, have been adding the stations to Plugshare, and Plugshare has been deleting them. They are holding firm to policy. Honestly this happens with every. single. new. Supercharger site, and Ive learned that we just have to be patient.

Fortunately the site construction completed, it works, and it appears in in-car nav. That's more than we can say about Lithonia...

It's not unreasonable for it to go through a staging process. Tesla will want to make sure it's worked out all the bugs, and that it's working properly before it shows up in nav and on the website so people aren't counting on it during a long road trip. Let the locals kick the tires, let it settle in, and updates flow once it's ready

Minor annoyance at this site. The folls who own the parking lot repaved or repainted the lines for each parking spot and they do not align with the chargers. It is not too bad, i could still twist the cable just enough to reach and be fine. It was late and i didnt want to move the car. It could be an issue if everything is full and someone cannot reach the plug.

• Informative
Reactions: nogajim and jsight