Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger - Acworth GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Keep them coming. I am still waiting on the Alpharetta supercharger, we have a Tesla Store and a service center just 3 miles apart but yet no Superchargers :(. I was told by Tesla that I could recommend places to have SC installed, they will survey and see if its a good location. Please complete if you have a good location in mind Charging Partners | Tesla
May I suggest Junction of US1 and I-16

:) :) :)

Source for this? California has the most number of Tesla's and Washington has the most per capita.

And insideEVs doesn't list Georgia even in the top 10.

EV Registration By State: Tesla Model 3 Brings New Records Across The Board

It is interesting how many Tesla's I see in East Cobb, but we are nowhere near any of the States which encourage BEV ownership.
The statistic with puts us 2nd is based on CO2 by major city, and I presume we have a lot of long commutes and more people driving down to the beach, which is a long drive from Metro Atlanta.

• Informative
Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
That statistic putting us 2nd is completely bogus, IMO. It probably counts cumulative Teslas in Georgia, and while we certainly were cooking along about 4-5 years ago, when the state tax credit still existed, we've slowed down since then (compared to other states; obviously Model 3 sped us up but it sped Tesla up everywhere). The other factor might be relatively high CO2 in our power generation mix, again compared to the west coast states.

Aaaanyway, it's nice to have a surprise location pop up. I'm with the folks here that say Cumberland is a bad location. It's a traffic nightmare -- it once took me 20 minutes from highway exit to mall. Locations farther outside the perimeter, like Acworth and Lithonia, and soon down I-85 south, are where it's at.

Thanks again tigerade for the updates. The next two big milestones to watch for will be A) utility transformer and B) pedestal delivery.

Probably on same schedule as Metter. :)

For people transiting up and down I-75, Acworth (Jnct 92 and I-75) is a whole lot better location than the traffic nightmare at Cumberland.
And they are the primary target market for this Supercharger.

Note: At Cumberland Mall, you now have free J1772 chargers.

Not sure if this is good or bad for me.

I "need" the Metter SC (travel south of Savannah several times each year and Airport inconvenient)

I live in Cumberland and want the SC (may need since just sold my house and looking to buy maybe a condo)

Oh well if only we mere mortals could translate Elon time.o_O

That statistic putting us 2nd is completely bogus, IMO.

I don’t know man. I mean, this is totally anecdotal, but when I took delivery of my car last October I had multiple employees at the Alpharetta SC tell me (with some measure of pride) that Metro Atlanta is (or was at that time) Tesla’s largest market outside of California. Now maybe GA as a state is not in the top 10 states but certainly Atlanta seems to be an important market for Tesla.

Reactions: JulienW
I don’t know man. I mean, this is totally anecdotal, but when I took delivery of my car last October I had multiple employees at the Alpharetta SC tell me (with some measure of pride) that Metro Atlanta is (or was at that time) Tesla’s largest market outside of California. Now maybe GA as a state is not in the top 10 states but certainly Atlanta seems to be an important market for Tesla.
I got the same kinda general response from the Marietta Service Center. I was just in the back “stealing” WiFi for update and talking. Of course they don’t have access to internal data but……

The app is a Tesla FACT and not 3ed party or speculation. Debating how Tesla calculates it seems like semantics. So if it is number of cars sold, distance of trips or number of Tesla’s on the road it all adds up to the need of more SC and the importance of the ATL/GA market. Also since GA has the largest area to cover in the east (and FACT saves the 2ed MOST CO2) logistics dictate the need for more SC too.

Last edited:
and soon down I-85 south, are where it's at.

Question without asking you to give too much away (I hope) on this one. Do they still need suggestions of locations, or is the location chosen and it's just working through the process? Because there's a QT just off the Fairburn exit on I85 that has a Cracker Barrel next door, and a Starbucks and a couple fast food places right across the street and had some available land around it last time I went through.

Question without asking you to give too much away (I hope) on this one. Do they still need suggestions of locations, or is the location chosen and it's just working through the process? Because there's a QT just off the Fairburn exit on I85 that has a Cracker Barrel next door, and a Starbucks and a couple fast food places right across the street and had some available land around it last time I went through.

Traffic at that exit is horrendous. That being said it would be awesome to have one somewhere around I-85 South. There's definitely a lot there food wise at Fairburn. Newnan exit has a good amount as well but I feel it's only slightly less crazy traffic wise than the Fairburn exit.

I took some pictures a couple hours ago. 6 of 12 stalls are in!

Attachments

• 20190726_175157.jpg
    20190726_175157.jpg
    473.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 20190726_175147.jpg
    20190726_175147.jpg
    653 KB · Views: 93
  • 20190726_175316.jpg
    20190726_175316.jpg
    546.1 KB · Views: 96
Thank you,, This location is still not showing as coming soon. I thought Tesla updated their Supercharger map :(

NONE of the Sheetz locations in NC and VA that are getting or recently got Superchargers were ever on the Tesla "coming soon" map. They have come as a complete surprise. I think this may represent a turning point where it's not Tesla that's initiating the siting of Superchargers, but rather the hosts. Maybe the same is true at this site.

Reactions: OtisJ
NONE of the Sheetz locations in NC and VA that are getting or recently got Superchargers were ever on the Tesla "coming soon" map. They have come as a complete surprise. I think this may represent a turning point where it's not Tesla that's initiating the siting of Superchargers, but rather the hosts. Maybe the same is true at this site.

I sure hope more hosts are reaching out requesting it. I've tried speaking with multiple businesses ranging from local reception hall venues to hotels to movie theaters. Installing these chargers, or just a level 2 charger, doesn't seem to require much maintenance. For the Superchargers it even seems as though Tesla supports it. This in turn puts your business above any other venues who don't have them. It only costs when people use them and as more and more EVs hit the road people are more likely to use your business if they can charge up while traveling. This is especially true in the middle of America. I think certain businesses don't see the shift coming or don't want to put up any costs in the front end. I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to get EV chargers at my workplace. We have them installed at the corporate location, but they won't install them anywhere else.