Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger at Michelson in Irvine

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went there today for the first time in 3 weeks.....lots of people, one stall blocked off and 4 open.....I pulled into the one that was blocked off thinking I would not have any issues....I plugged in and started charging....started at 47kW and within 2 min went to 24kW.....

I stopped and went to another charger....started at 47kW and did not go up.....a guy with a Model S like mine with free supercharging pulled in next to me....asked him what he was seeing and he replied 67kW.....was it just the supercharger stall I was at or do you think something is wrong with my charging unit....very frustration because I wanted to charge to 100% and then drive to San Bernardino and back for business.....thanks for any help or suggestions

I went there today for the first time in 3 weeks.....lots of people, one stall blocked off and 4 open.....I pulled into the one that was blocked off thinking I would not have any issues....I plugged in and started charging....started at 47kW and within 2 min went to 24kW.....

I stopped and went to another charger....started at 47kW and did not go up.....a guy with a Model S like mine with free supercharging pulled in next to me....asked him what he was seeing and he replied 67kW.....was it just the supercharger stall I was at or do you think something is wrong with my charging unit....very frustration because I wanted to charge to 100% and then drive to San Bernardino and back for business.....thanks for any help or suggestions

How full was your battery? Typically charging to 100% is a really bad idea in this area since there are so many superchargers. The battery slows down charging as it fills up. Unless you need the range to make it to the next charger (20-30 miles away here or less) your really wasting time when you can drive and fill some other Super charger. Battery temp also affects charge rate, along with age of your battery.

I get about 72 max using those urban chargers.

How full was your battery? Typically charging to 100% is a really bad idea in this area since there are so many superchargers. The battery slows down charging as it fills up. Unless you need the range to make it to the next charger (20-30 miles away here or less) your really wasting time when you can drive and fill some other Super charger. Battery temp also affects charge rate, along with age of your battery.

I get about 72 max using those urban chargers.
my battery SoC was at 15%....I wanted to charge to 100% and drive to see if I could balance the battery.....but I only charged to 55% and was on my way....after my driving today I am at 27%...

Oh, there are 2 that are recently blocked off/ needing repair kinda in the middle of the bunch... 15% should charge fast unless battery was too cold. However after some charging, the battery should warm up and speed up.
my battery was warm....the guy next to me was charging at 67kW....I tried 2 different charging stalls and could oomph get 25% at one and 47% at the other......thats what I decided to only charge to around 55% or so....I was just wondering if it was my cars charging system to the supercharger

my battery was warm....the guy next to me was charging at 67kW....I tried 2 different charging stalls and could oomph get 25% at one and 47% at the other......thats what I decided to only charge to around 55% or so....I was just wondering if it was my cars charging system to the supercharger
AFAIK would be your battery, Supercharging bypasses charger for most part. More than we can tell by looking at a few posts. What year is your car? PM if you need more help.

AFAIK would be your battery, Supercharging bypasses charger for most part. More than we can tell by looking at a few posts. What year is your car? PM if you need more help.
which battery....12v or main power pack battery......car was made in 31 Jan 2020....hard to think main battery is bad....can mobile service check this out or do I have to go to service center

which battery....12v or main power pack battery......car was made in 31 Jan 2020....hard to think main battery is bad....can mobile service check this out or do I have to go to service center

If it happens to you on all superchargers then call in, but if it is intermittent, than maybe connector or something. Note the times in your ticket, so they can look at the logs. Warranty should help you with the issue.

It's just a targeted guess, the thread does not contain enough info for a really good diagnostics.